Chapter 17

I sent Winter off at a fast trot. As I posted on her back I saw my aunt watching me ride.  I turned Winter in big circle at first making them smaller the more we did the circles. I was making her stretch and being able to turn sharper and better. I turned her back to the fencing of the arena as we started to canter. With every stride I fell in sink with her. Our body movements falling in sink. I almost forgot about the world around me. Almost.

" Good job! You two look really well together." I stopped winter. This was an unfamiliar voice to me.

I turned in the saddle to see a man leaning up against the gate. He had jet black hair and a toned body. By the looks of the white t-shirt on him I was sure he had abbs.

"Thanks. I'm sorry who are you again?" I turned Winter towards the man so I could talk to him.

I felt bad I didn't remember him. He did look a tid bit familiar. He just laughed but he just gave me an easy going smile.

"Well I guess I didn't make a good impression. I'm Jack"

Now I remembered him. He was at the action with my aunt. I looked into his gray eyes. Yup it was Jack. Gray stormy eyes and stood about 5'11.

"I'm sorry I remember now. And it's just because I have been really busy with...life" I jumped off of winter. He gave a little chuckle.

"Yeah life does get in the way. But hey we get through it" he swung the gate open for me.

"Yeah. The world doesn't stop spinning for anyone. Might as well get back on it be for your left to far in the dust" I started off to the barn.

"Yeah I totally agree. But your aunt wants you to take a break. So I'll be doing your chores so you have more time for that thing" he pointed over to winter.

"That thing is winter and she doesn't need you to do anything I'll take care of her" a hint of bitterness came threw my voice. I don't like a person to be a jackass to my horse.

"Ok I'll leave Winter alone" he said as I pulled the saddle off and set it on the saddle rack.

I turned to look at him. His eyes were focused on me.

"You can leave me alone too" I don't know why but it just spilled out of my mouth.

As far as I knew Jack was a good guy. But every time I went to talk to him it seemed like bitterness came threw my tone. He looked taken back by my words.

"That's hard Elzia " he responded.

"Whys that" I said bluntly.

"Because your no horse now are you?" now he wanted a challenge.

"I kick like a mule and I spit like a llama. I can be nice as a kitten but back me in a corner and I'm a bear" I poked him hard in his chest. I was a bear right now.

"Good thing you aren't in a corner" a sly smile crossed his face.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the barn with winter's lead in my hand. Why does he get me so worked up? Newt calms me down and Jack makes me get all piss and vinegar. Grrrr..... boys. You love them and you hate them.

Comment please. Love you all!