chapter four

"I can't belive we are in North Carolina!!!" I squealed from my passenger seat. The North Carolina welcoming sign zoomed by as Newt starred down the high way.  

"You look like a little child going to a toy store" Newt rolled his eyes slightly while a bright smile crossed his face.

"Shut up" I pushed his shoulder slightly.

We both started to laugh at ourselfs. I turned and looked out the window again where the world seemed to streak by.  We weren't going too fast but that's for sure how it felt. I wondered about the ocean that layed on the other side of the state, I also wondered were in the world this ranch was.

"Do you have the adress?" Newt asked breaking my woundering thoughts.

"Yeah umm.... here it is! Burnsville North Carolina 3202 oklen road" I read back to Newt. I starred down at my letter's envelope send back address.

"Can you check the GPS please?" Newt said.

Newt never trusted the GPS. Even though this one has got us to North Carolina and will bring us home. Fourth day on the trip and we were reaching our desanation. But Newt wants to believes that he could get us here with out the GPS. I think differently.

"Newt, it's working just fine. Just fallow the GPS." I repositioned the GPS on the dash for him to get the better view.

"You know I hate that thing." He looked over at me and then glared at the damn GPS.

I shrugged my shoulders as my eyes wondered back to the window. I hoped that my aunt wouldn't hate me. I wondered if I would even like her. I really didn't think this over.

"How much longer" I huffed.

"About two hours. But you look ready to get out of this god for saking truck" he laughed out.

He was right, I was ready to get out. My back and butt hurt. I was just ready to feel the spring air on my face again instead of this stuffy truck air. And I sure would love to run with the horses in the pastures.

"You know what? Ever since you and me took this trip your getting more and more lost in your thoughts" Newt pointed out. Glancing over at him I realized he was right. The window seemed more company to me on this trip the Newt did. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I know. I don't know why, but I think it's mostly becouse I'm losing conversation starters"

The country radio started up a new Hunter Haze song. I turned to Newt and stated to sing the first couple of words befor he cut me off.

"You have a pretty good voice" he said with all trueness coming though his voice. It caught me off guard sending me sitting back down in my seat.

In return I gave him a shy smile. He turned back to face the road as I looked back out the window mumbling the words to Crazy by hunter Haze.

*******

Newt slowly stopped the truck up by a little white farm house. The little white house had a white fencing around the front of it and maroon shutters hung around the windows. As Newt pulled to a stop a woman in jeans and old plaid shirt came running out the front door.

She met me by my door as I opened it up.

"Oh you made it" she said pleasantly.

Her thin arms wrapped around me faster than a cheetah on a baby deer. Then realization hit me like a rock. It's my aunt duh. I gently wrapped mine around her in return for feeling stupid. In a few seconds she separated from me.

"Oh I haven't seen you since you were 2 years old. My my how the years have gone by." She softly said.

Her voice had hint of southern in it, but french came though too. Giving her sweet but dangerous sounding voice. I looked closer to her face. She had light brown hair that was highlighted from the sun. Her face held a nice golden tan just like my daddy use to have. I also spotted my father's sparkling brown eyes in her head too. plus they shared the well known family's sharp cheek bones. I could see how her and dad where related.

"Hi aunt june" I finally spoke up. Unlike my aunts voice mine was unsure and uneasy. Properly not the best first impression mixed with my crazy hair and close that I've worn for four days straight now.

"Oh dear your sooooo pretty. I mean look at that blond hair and oh those hazel eyes are just something else" she said as she ran her hand though my hair. Her other hand rested on my cheek as she looked me over. I gave her another unsure small smile as our eyes met. I really haven't been compliments this much from the same person...ever!

"Aunt June please meet my friend Newt" I gestured to Newt as he worked his way around the truck towards me. Scooting a few steps from my aunt I allowed her to look at him better.

"Oh so your her friend. Well howdy Newt welcome to triple M ranch." She greeted him with an equally big smile.

"Thank you ma'ma" he answered politely. He returned her bright smile with his own.

"Nice, handsom, and I'm sure a good worker. Good choice" my aunt wispered towards me with a wink. and a slap on the shoulder. I felt heat creep up my neck and up to my cheeks.

"Shh..." I said as I playfully slapped her. She giggled in response.

"I have a feeling that we are going to get along just fine" she said as she helped grabbed two of our bags.

"Now if you two would follow me then I'll lead you to your rooms" she stated as she started to walk off to the house. So far so good.