Chapter 18

I walked into the house. I pause when I spotted my aunt June and Jake sitting at the kitchen table. Their faces turned at me. My aunt gave me a soft smile while Jake gave me a smirk. I gave one look at both of them be for racing upstairs to my room. I started to pace my room. Grrrr...

"You in here?" I heard Newt's voice from the door.

I looked over towards the door. I smiled as I saw his warm face looking at me. I nodded. He stepped in and sat on my bed.

"Why you pacing the room?" He asked quietly.

"I have so much shit going on in my life! So the better question is what am I going to do?" I asked

"Ok then what are you going to do?" he mocked. I glared at him.

"Work with Winter. Pretty soon we will be showing" I looked out my window. I could spot Winter walking up and down the pasture.

"Are you guys ready now?" Newt's voice snapped my attention away from the window.

"Yeah. I guess if there was a show then we could show" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Great look at this your aunt told me to give you the news" Newt's hand held out a price of paper to me.

I looked down at it and then looked back at him. I stepped  towards him and grabbed the paper. I looked down at it to see what it was.

                                    LOCAL RODEO
                                       JUNE 16
Come join us for our annual rodeo. We have all the classless from bull riding to our cowgirls racing around them barrels.
$50 to enter in the classes
$5 a person to get in to see the rodeo
Children get in free ( 13 and under)
All fist, second, and third placers will go on to the wrangerler rodeo circuit. Hopefully you all will make it to the national finals. Good luck to you.

I smiled. My first rodeo. Then I looked down date. IT WAS TOMORROW!!! Shit!. Double shit!

"Newt this is tomorrow!"  I yelled at him. He just laugh.

"Yeah. We all know. If you think you two are ready then I suggest you go clean your tack. You got a rodeo tomorrow princess" Newt smirked.

My smile grew bigger. My face hurt from smiling but what ever I was finally getting to do something I've dreamed of forever. This was a dream come true. I sighed. It was time. I raced down stairs to hug my aunt totally forgetting about Newt in my room. My aunt was  talking to Jake but I didn't care I raced in and squeezed her.

"Oh" She said surprised by me.

"Thank you thank you!!! I promise I'm going to get into the nationals you just wait and see. Love you!"  I kissed her on her cheek and then went straight to the front door. Both of them chuckling at my reaction.

I raced out side only to feel a fresh brez greet me while some birds chirped a little song. Winter's whinny broke the spring noise. I smiled as I made my way to her. For sure this rodeo would be something that would boast me into the horse world.