epilogue

"i still see it all."
- our last summer

noa álvaro
📍alvor, portugal
july 24th, 2029
six years later

@ zamirah

liked by ravenpelevy, liopelevy and 86 otherszamirah nothing's changed

zamirah nothing's changed

my eyes traveled over the so familiar market. a strike of pride flew through my body as i watched over my market booth. the initials of my parents' company were beautifully written on the wood as the fresh vegetables and fruits looked so juicy and yummy.

the company had expanded and we'd opened a small shop in a bigger village two years ago. i knew that my parents would be so proud of me. i had reached what they always dreamed of.

it was a sunny day but it wasn't too hot to walk in the sun. the breeze of the ocean flew through my thick hair as i breathed in heavily. i'd missed the fresh air of my home more than i thought i would've. sometimes i even missed living here, although i would never move back here. i wouldn't trade my life for the world.

"mommy! look what i got!" a small voice caused me to turn around.

my eyes landed on my sweet three year old daughter. she proudly walked towards me with a big melon in her hands. she didn't carry the heavy fruit her own, of course. her handsome dad carefully walked behind her while he supported the melon with his one hand. the small hand of our son was tightly clutched around his other free hand as he walked close to shawn.

i gasped as i crunched down next to her.
"where did you get that from?" i asked her as i grabbed the melon from her hands and placed it next to our belongings.

"auntie rav gave it to me. it's so yummy!" she excitingly bounced up and down causing me and shawn to chuckle.

"did you share with you brother, ily?" i then queried, watching the shy boy standing between shawn's legs.

"fin didn't want some." the little girl shrugged.

at the mention of his name, he quickly walked over to me and crawled into my embrace. hiding his curly head in my neck.

"you didn't want melon, finlay? it's really good, you've had it before." i told him while soothingly rubbing his back. he just shook his neck.

"ily why don't you take finlay's hand and go back to raven and lio, yeah? mommy and i will be there in a second." shawn told our daughter, gently stroking over her brown hair.