chapter 05

I did not receive a single text message from Zed for last three days. Neither did I bother. Why should I bother? If he really cares he would talk to me right? I do miss him but I know better. The less you care the better you feel.

I kept myself busy for last three days. I used to work late, I go out with my friends and return home late. I kept myself distracted all the time so that I won't be proned to text him.

Over the last three days he kept posting depressed memes, videos, songs etc all over social media. Damn!! He is really depressed. I felt pity for him yet I didn't text him first. It wasn't ego that stopped me from talking to him; It was the fear of being taken for granted stopped me from texting him first. He views my status and my stories but he never cared to talk either. Remember, always remember, we girls may like a guy but its always the guy who should make the move first to go for the next step of the 'love process' to make it a success.

By the end of third day when I didn't receive any texts from him  I realized he just stopped for good, he didn't want to continue; he would have found another girl to pass his time. I was a little hurt about my own assumption but I  know better to be hurt now than to be sorry afterwards. I gave up.

                                         ∞
On my way to home in the late evening, I take my phone to check the notifications and first thing  my eyes  find is his text message. Text message from Zed. Whoah! Before I could stop myself I reply-

As soon as he sees the last text he calls me

As soon as he sees the last text he calls me. Should I answer or not? I better as well get over with it, I  answer by the third ring.
"Hello" I say
"Hey" he said
"What do you want?"
"Look, I never texted or talked  to you out of boredom! I always wish to make you happy."
Zed! Go tell this to someone else, please".
"Kaitlyn! I love you! That's all I  have got to say. I know what you think of me. You can judge me however you want but you will be sorry one day".
I, Kaitlyn Maitland am out of words for the first time of my life. To be honest, I never expected this. He was right, I always considered him a fuckboy and I  treated him like one too. After few moments, I recollect myself and say, "Zed, I can't say anything to you at the moment. You already know I am not ready to get into relationships and go on dates. I need some time."

"Katie, take your time, I have no problem. I can wait for you and I will, Babe.I didn't text you last few days cuz I  was pretty upset about something. I never meant to ignore you. I promise. Please don't be angry."

"Ummm, Zed, thank you for your understanding. I' ll talk to you once I go home. Bye. Take care."

"Alright, Love, bye; take care; love you".

We just hang up. Then I realize I have been holding my breath for so long.