chapter 08

My body froze with fear. It can't be him. He can't be the guy I was talking to.Before I tried to hide myself in the washroom  someone tapped my shoulder.
"Hey, Kaitlyn Maitland".I turned around to see and I find myself staring at someone who is vaguely familiar. He says,"I am sorry I am late, I was caught up with some work" he ends with a nervous laugh.
"Zed Dexter?" I say, I look over his shoulder and I look around, checking whether he is gone. I breath out in relief,yes, he is gone.
"Take your seat. How long were you waiting?" He asks.
It take a few moments to recover my shock then I see the guy who is sitting across me. He looks exactly the same in pictures yet a little different like he has got cute freckles on his cheeks. He is tall. He is nice. Just nice. He is not one of those gorgeous hot models we watch in television; he is handsome in his own way.
"I came here 20 minutes ago." I say.
"Oh! That's bad! Am sorry for kept you waiting."
"No that's fine."
"Did you place any order?"
"Nope, I was waiting for you."
While our ordered was being prepared, we were talking we had many stuffs to talk. It seems we are common in many ways. He wasn't flirty as he used to be in calls or text messages. It kinda worried me. May be meeting up was a wrong idea but then if we really want something more we would definitely meet sooner or later.

                                          ∞
Later, he took me out to a beach nearby. He parked his car in the parking. We walked towards the beach.
We were strolling near the sea letting its waves dance beneath our legs.
We were holding hands and walking in silence, I didn't want to break the silence. I wanted this moment to last forever. I just love his hand on mine, I love the way his thumb caresses on my skin. We stayed there till the sunset,watching how the sky turning from dull orange to dark blue.
"I think it's time to leave." Zed said, atlast.
The realization hit me little hard."Umm, yeah I guess." I wasn't willing to go home. Too bad!
When we were about to leave, I walked a little behind him,"Zed" I said little loudly.
"Yeah", he turns towards me.
I looked nervous, heat rushed to my cheeks, blushing, I look down and stutter,"I-I lo-lo-love you, Zed, I do." I know I meant it from the bottom of my heart.
Zed closed the distance between us and said, "I love you too,Babe."
His hands around my waist, he pulled me closer; my eyes closed and our lips met for long lasting kiss.

I know this memory will last forever.