chapter 10

Past few weeks were hectic, we both had projects to complete at work and I had an exam on the weekend. I hardly had time to check my phone. I didn't return most of the calls nor messages. I texted only Amanda and David and of course, my Zed. Those days were so hectic I hardly had time for myself.

Atlast! I am free! I am really exhausted I think I need a break. I thought to go out with Amanda and chill. I was about to call her to check on her schedules before make my own plans, then I see a list of mails from dyla.xxx@gmail.com. I skim read the mails. They sound bizarre. All the mails were signed as 'you are mine always and forever'. Isn't it weird? I am certain  this can't be a coincidence as I read I feel the sender knows me well. When I was about to brood over I receive a call from Amanda  Lewis.
"Hello"
"Katie!!! You know something?"
"What is it Amanda?" She sounds  pretty excited. I wonder why.
"Guess what??!! I got a job. Am so happy! I'll be starting next week, Kate. I want to celebrate this!! What do you think?"
"Actually I think it's great. We haven't met for awhile too. Just you and me, as always. Where shall we go?"
I don't tell her about the mails right away. I didn't want to ruin her happiness.
"Are you upset? What's wrong? You sound worried."
This is what I love about Amanda. I don't have to express what I feel. She just understands. First I dont say anything. I say, "we will speak about it tomorrow, okay?"
"Okay, don't think about it and worry yourself, okay."
"Okay."
Then we speak  about all other stuffs for sometime and hang up the call.

                                          ∞   
Next day around noon, I leave from work to meet Amanda. The usual coffee shop we go, it is very much closer to my workplace. Amanda is very popular for her punctuality; what I mean is she never comes on time- let it be work or  meetup she is always late. I am not surprised when she doesn't turn up on time. I check for our usual spot, thank god, its vacant and I sit there waiting for her.
20 minutes later, Amanda arrives. She is wearing plain midnight blue dress and a pair of sneakers. Amanda is never interested in clothes unlike me. She just puts on something anything she sees right away. She looks a little funny with the outfit but that's okay.
"Hey" she squeals.
"Hi" I squeal too. One of the best feelings you can ever feel without regret is being with your true friends just to create memories.
"What's up?" She starts.
Then I relate her the whole story about the mysterious emails I have been getting. She gets scared too. I know she would. Eventually, I show her the mails, she reads them.
"There's something wrong. Whoever is sending those mails must know you well. He knows all your  whereabouts. He also knows you are seeing someone."
I was shocked when I heard this. The truth is I never read  those mails as carefully as her. I just didn't care. This frightened me to the core. How could someone stalk me and I am not aware about it? This is psycho.
I guess I looked horrified, Amanda quickly assured me, "hey, don't worry, will find about him soon and do something. Don't freak out. Will work something out."
"How could you expect me to stay calm when there's a madman out there stalking me.
"Yeah, I know that. We can't do anything right? We don't exactly know who is stalking. After we find him will file a case or tell Zed to do something."
At that time, the waiter brought our orders. I ordered cappuccino and chocolate cheesecake while she ordered black coffee and coffee cake. We were seated next to the window, I just stretch on my seat and look out the windows and see a guy walking past the cafe, at first I didn't notice him but something of him seems familiar to me.

Just then it clicks.