Chapter 1

{Michele Alves as Hayley Alvarez}

{Song in video: Paramore - Misery Business}

"Oh no, I'm going to be late!" Hayley Alvarez yelled as she threw on a black shirt with a white rib-cage skeleton print and a green army jacket and black ripped jeans. She didn't have time to brush her medium-length wavy dark brunette hair so she put a baseball cap backwards on her head. It was her first day of eleventh grade.

She rushed out of her room, yelling, "Bye mom, bye dad!" as she ran out of the door, and drove to school.

She got to school as the bell rang, and ran to her class. She burst into one of the rooms, and sat down.

"And who are you miss?" The teacher asked, glaring at her.

"I'm Hayley Alvarez," she responded, smiling. She figured that smiling would calm him down.

The teacher looked at her disapprovingly. "I'm sorry but I do not have a Hayley Alvarez in this class."

She gave him a confused look."What? Aren't you Mr. Huntzberger?"

"No, I'm Mr. Figaro. Mr. Huntzberger's class is on the other side of the school." The class snickered at her, which made Hayley's face flush with embarrassment.

Hayley looked at her schedule, realizing that she looked at her schedule wrong. "Oh sorry! I have you for second period not first!" She dashed out of the classroom and ran to her first period class.

Unfortunately, on her way to class she crashed into Vic Barrios, her ex-boyfriend, who was Hispanic, but he looked like he got slightly tanner over the summer. She went flying backwards and hit the floor as her books and papers flew out of her bag. Vic almost fell but caught himself right on time.

"Ugh," Hayley groaned as she was trying to get up. "I'm so sorry-" She apologized and stopped when she realized it was Vic. He still had the same wavy fluffy-like brown hair that matched his brown eyes, as she remembered.

"Are you okay?" Vic asked, having a concerned tone in his voice as he helped her up. He didn't expect to literally bump into his ex-girlfriend.

"Yeah...I'm so sorry," Hayley stammered, feeling her face flush.

All of a sudden, the attractive and tatted up, Eli Hayward, came up to them, and asked Hayley, "Are you okay?" He had the bluest eyes Hayley had ever seen, dark brown hair, and wore a black faux-leather jacket, black jeans, and black shoes. He also had a lip and nose piercing.

Hayley nodded as Eli helped pick up her stuff. A few seconds later, Vic helped out too. He knew of Eli, but didn't know him that well. All he knew was that Eli was rebellious, and got into trouble a lot.

"I'm Eli, by the way," Eli introduced himself to Hayley, having a straight facial expression. She couldn't help but stare at him. His face looked familiar. No way was this the same Eli? She thought to herself. She remembered a guy named Eli, but he had long black hair and had wore some punk make-up on his face.

After about five seconds she realized she must have looked weird staring at him. "Oh, I'm Hayley!" She felt her face flush again.

"Well, I'll see you all around. Bye, Hayley and Vic." He walked away, then turning back and smiling at Hayley. She smiled back.

"So um...how have you been?" Vic asked, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. They broke up on the first day of summer, and agreed they were better off as friends. It was their first time seeing each other since then.

"I've been better..." Hayley said, still feeling embarrassed. "Today is not my day, as you can probably tell, but how are you?"

"I'm doing alright. Why were you running at full speed in the hallway though?" He gave me an amused smile.