Chapter 20

{Song in video: The Turtles - Happy Together}

The day after Vic's suspension lifted, Hayley went to Vic's locker to wait for him since they were dating again. Even though it had only been three days, it felt even longer for her.

When Vic walked toward her, Hayley smiled and said, "Hey!"

Vic greeted her with a kiss. "How's my girl?" He asked her.

She grinned. "Doing just fine, especially now that you're here." They kissed again.

"Here, we go again," Mike muttered under his breath.

"What was that, Mikey?" Vic said.

He shook his head. "Nothing."

"It's about time you two got back together," Quinton said, smiling.

"Right?" Jaime agreed.

Ariel came bolting toward them while dragging Alex behind her.

"Slow down, babe!" Alex exclaimed.

Ariel ignored him. "Yes. I'm so glad you two are back together!" She exclaimed as she gave Vic and Hayley a group hug.

"Thanks," Hayley said, grinning.

"I am too," Vic said, grinning as he put his arm around Hayley, and kissed her cheek.

At that moment, Eli passed by in the hallway. He glanced at them for a second, but kept walking and had a straight face. He didn't stop to say anything to the group.

Hayley's face fell when she noticed. She didn't mean to hurt him, but she felt good that she was with Vic again.

"It'll be okay," Ariel said in Hayley's ear.

"I sure hope so," Hayley said, sighing. She knew that by dating Vic, it would probably mean that Eli didn't even want to be friends with her, and she liked their friendship from even before they dated.

"He'll come around." She patted her on the back.

The bell rang, and they went to their classes.

"Do you think Eli won't hang out with us anymore?" Jaime asked Antonio while they walked to their class.

Antonio shrugged. "I don't know, but I don't think he'll hang out with us anytime soon. He's still going to talk to us, but probably not if Vic and Hayley are around us," he replied.

He sighed. "That's too bad. He was a pretty cool guy to hang out with."

"Well, what can you do? I mean if I were in his situation, I think I would be avoiding Hayley and Vic for a while, at least until I find another girl." He shrugged.

---

Vic and Hayley put their food down on the table, and sat down with the rest of the group.

Before anyone could say anything, Taylor came up to them, and exclaimed, "Guess what!"

Quinton had a stern facial expression. "What is it now?" He muttered.

"Vic and Hayley are voted the hottest couple in school right now!" She practically jumped up and down.

"Really?" Hayley said, her eyebrows raising in surprise.

"It's because we're hot," Vic said, wriggling his eyebrows as he put his arm around her. She laughed.

"How did you find that out?" She asked Taylor.

"I always take polls of the hottest couple like every month. You two are number one this time, so I wanted to tell you. Congrats!" Taylor said, grinning.