Chapter 9

{Character in picture: Devin Druid as Jack Griffith}

{Song in video: Boys Like Girls ft. Taylor Swift - Two Is Better Than One}

"Guess what!" Ariel shrieked to Hayley, running towards her.

"Jeez, Ariel what is it?" Hayley said, laughing. She put books in her locker, then turned to her.

She grinned. "Alex asked me out!"

She gave her a smile as her eyes widened in surprise. "That's great!"

"I know! We're going on a date tonight."

"Awesome." She kept smiling, mainly because she kept on thinking of herself and Eli.

Ariel looked at her suspiciously. "I know you're happy about Alex and I, but why do you look so happy? That's unusual of you to look that happy."

Hayley rolled her eyes, and laughed. "Fine, you caught me. I didn't want to spoil your happy moment, but I also had something great happen to me. Eli and I went on our first official date yesterday."

She grinned. "Congrats! And you're not spoiling my happy moment by any means. How was your date?"

She leaned against her locker. "It was great. After we went bowling, he took me to the closed carnival. He turned on the carousel, and we talked and kissed. Then, a while later, a police car came by, and we had to run."

Ariel's eyes widened in surprise as she started laughing. "Really? Did you get caught?"

Hayley shook her head. "No, we didn't get caught, but it was one of the greatest days of my life. Eli is so spontaneous and fun, you know?"

"Yeah, he is! I could tell he was. See dating a bad boy is fun, isn't it?"

Hayley nodded, grinning.

---

"Yo, Hayward, are you actually smiling?" Quinton asked Eli, noticing that something was different. Vic, Jaime, and Antonio stood there.

"I guess I am," Eli said, grinning.

"What happened to you?" Quinton looked confused since Eli hardly smiled.

"Hayley and I went on a date last night."

Vic's eyes widened in surprise. Wait what am I doing? I'm going on a date with Jenna tonight. Why am I feeling like this? This weird feeling? He thought to himself.

"But last night we went bowling," Quinton said, giving him a confused look.

"I know, but we went on the date after that. We went to the closed carnival, I turned on the carousel, we talked and made out for a bit. The cops showed up, and we drove away. It was a lot of fun." He chuckled, grinning.

Vic's face fell. He didn't like that Eli had almost got Hayley in trouble. "You're telling me that you and Hayley almost got arrested?" Vic snapped, crossing his arms. Since when was Hayley into bad boys? He thought to himself.

Eli laughed, shaking his head. "No, they didn't even see us. We left, and drove away before we could get caught."

Before Vic could say anything else, the bell rang and they all went to their classes.

---

At lunch, the whole group sat at their usual spot. Taylor came by, handing out invitations. "Party at my house this Saturday," she said to the group, smiling. She walked away, and handed out invitations to other people in the cafeteria.

Quinton groaned as he looked at the invitation. "Why?" he mumbled. Everyone snickered at him since they knew how much Taylor was flirting with him when they bowled.

Hayley turned to Eli. "Are you going to Taylor's party?" she asked him.

"Yeah, sure," Eli replied. "Are you?"

Hayley nodded.

"So, Alex, are you going?" Ariel asked him.

Alex shook his head. "I can't. I've been permanently banned from Taylor's parties," he said, sighing.

Ariel gave him a confused look. "What did you do?"

"Jack and I basically destroyed her house last year. We started a food fight, got bed sheets, and pretended we were Superman. We jumped from the stair rails to the chandelier, and swung on it. Then, it fell down, so it broke."

Ariel blinked, still looking confused. "Um, what?"

Alex and Jack laughed.

It took a while for Ariel to process what happened and then she laughed. "You guys...why would you do that?"

Alex shrugged. "We were bored."

She grinned. "Why don't you two come in disguise?"

Alex and Jack faced each other, grinning "That's a great idea!" they exclaimed in unison.

Meanwhile, Vic asked Jenna, "So, are you going to the party?"

"Of course! Are you?" Jenna replied, smiling at him.

Vic nodded, grinning.

"Quinton, you going to your future wife's party?" Jaime teased, laughing.

Quinton gritted his teeth. "Taylor is not my future wife!" he exclaimed. "And I'm not going." Everyone laughed at him.

"Hey, why aren't you going?" Jaime asked.

Quinton gave him a look. "Because I'm not into the party scene, and I don't care much for Taylor," he replied.

"She's not that bad. You should come."

"Why?"

"Because we're all going." Jaime, Vic, and Antonio jokingly gave him the pouty face.

Quinton rolled his eyes. "Fine, but I'm not going because of Taylor. I'm going only for you all." He crossed his arms, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Awww, little Quinton is going to the party!" Jaime talked in a baby voice, pinching Quinton's cheeks.

Quinton smacked his arm, scowling at him. "Stop messing around."

Eli got out Cheetos from his bag, and ate it.

"You're still doing that?" Hayley remarked, giving him an annoyed look. She thought by now that he would be less annoying.

"I wasn't even thinking of that," Eli grinned. "But thanks for reminding me, Cheeto girl."

"Ugh!" Hayley buried her face in her hands.

Eli laughed as he wrapped his arms around her, which caused her to giggle.

By the time everyone finished their food, the bell rang, and they went to their classes.

**********

A/N: So Hayley and Ariel both have boyfriends. :)

Vic wonders if Eli is good for Hayley.

READ

VOTE

COMMENT