Chapter 13

{Character in picture: Miles Frank as  Mike Barrios}

{Song in video: Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine}

For the next few days Eli and Hayley barely said a word to each other. During lunch he would sit with Ronnie, and some other guys. Sometimes he would pass by the group at lunch, and stay to greet them, but he didn't stick around for long.

What was his deal anyways? Hayley thought to herself. She couldn't imagine that he would be mad at her because she was partnered up with Vic for the field trip, and that he helped her with her getting slightly injured. Mr. Figaro was the one who had assigned everyone, and that wasn't up to her.

"You guys need to make up already," Ariel said, giving Hayley a look. "I don't get what you two are fighting about anyways."

"I'm not sure either. It's obvious he's mad at me. He's the one with the problem," Hayley said, shrugging.

She rolled her eyes. "Then ask him what's bothering him. Communication is the key."

Hayley gave her a look. "Like you and Alex? You two aren't on the greatest terms either, I noticed."

She sighed. "That's a little different, but I guess I see your point."

"And it's all because he pushed you in the mud. You can always clean yourself off. See, you're clean!" She grinned.

"When you put it that way, it does seem stupid." She laughed. "I'll approach him today."

She gave her a look. "You better."

Ariel looked behind Hayley, noticing Eli walking up to them. "And soon you will too." She cocked her head in his direction. Hayley looked and saw him. "I'll be going," Ariel told her, then walked away.

"Hey," Eli approached her, running his hands through his hair.

"Hi," Hayley said, having a straight facial expression.

He sighed. "Look, Hayles, I'm sorry about the other day, and for not saying much the past few days. It was stupid."

"It's fine." She gave him a small smile. "And I'm sorry for-"

He interrupted her with a kiss. "You don't got to be sorry." He pulled away from her, smiling.

The bell rang for class. "I'll see you later," she said.

They walked to their classes.

---

"Everyone, let's chill at my house tonight," Vic said to the group at lunch. "We're going to have tacos, nachos and snacks." He felt like their friend group was a little off, and he wanted to make it normal again.

"Sounds good to me!" Jenna exclaimed, grinning.

"I'll come, Vic," Quinton said, smiling.

Hayley turned to Eli. "Are you going?" She asked him, having a curious look on her face. She hoped he didn't dislike Vic anymore.

"Yeah, why not? I could settle for tacos," Eli said, smiling at her as he held her hand.

"Cool." She smiled.

Meanwhile, Jack and Alex were talking to each other. Ariel was walking toward them.

Jack turned to him and said, "Maybe if you don't move, she won't see you."

Alex stood as still as he could.

She sat next to them. "Hey," she said to them.

Alex looked a little intimidated. "Hey, I'm sorry about the mud thing," he apologized.