Chapter 7

{Character in picture: Sasha Pieterse as Taylor Caufield}

{Song in video: Plain White T's - Our Time Now}

"Hey, guys, I'm planning to go bowling tonight, anyone going to come?" Quinton asked the group at the lunch table. He was usually the one that made plans for the friend group.

Everyone said yes, and nodded their heads.

"Can we invite some people?" Vic asked casually. He was hoping Quinton wouldn't be too stingy about who can come.

He gave him a serious look, slowly nodding his head. "Yes, but I have a coupon for up to fifteen people. No more than that. If you want to invite someone, then let me know first."

"Okay. Well, I'm thinking of inviting Jenna."

"Yes, you're finally making sense, bro!" Mike exclaimed happily.

Quinton counted the group. "Okay, we have nine people so far, and that includes Jenna if she's coming."

"Hey, I want to invite Alex and Jack," Ariel spoke up.

"Okay, that's now eleven."

"Okay, I texted Jenna, and she asked if Theresa could come," Vic said.

"Why? Taylor's not really our type of group," Quinton said, thinking that Vic said Taylor, and not Theresa.

He gave him a confused look. "I said Theresa, not Taylor." He didn't know how Quinton got Theresa and Taylor mixed up.

He sighed of relief. "Oh. Yeah, that'll be cool. So that makes twelve."

"Twelve of what?" Taylor asked as she came by, smiling.

"Ummm, twelve boxes of pizza." He looked down at his tray.

Taylor stared at Quinton with an unreadable expression on her face. "Whatever your plan is, I want in."

He sighed. "Okay, fine. I'm getting a group together to go bowling this evening."

Taylor paused for a second. "Okay, I'll be able to make it for a little while. Later on, I have a party I need to attend." She grinned, then left.

"That makes thirteen," Kellin mumbled to himself.

"Aw, what's wrong with Tay Caufield?" Jaime asked, laughing as he joked with him.

He sighed. "Nothing's wrong she's just...you know..."

"Preppy?" Antonio spoke up.

"Well, I wouldn't put it that way..." Quinton said, sighing again.

"Actually, Taylor's pretty cool," Hayley said, giving Quinton a look. "Just because she's girly and flirtatious doesn't mean she's a bad person." She couldn't stand it when people were fake to others for no reason.

"I never said she was a bad person-"

"Well, you weren't saying she's a good person either." She owed it to Taylor to speak up for her.

"I'm sorry..."

Eli turned to Hayley. "What's up with you, Hayley?" He asked, giving her a slightly concerned look.

"Nothing," she mumbled as she dragged her spoon around in her soup.

"Seriously, you can tell me. I promise I won't be annoying about it." He gave her a serious look.

She sighed. "Well, I mean I wouldn't like it if I were invited to something and people were actually dreading that I was coming. It's fake, you know? And Quinton was being so obvious that he didn't want Taylor around."