Chapter 4: Just some guy

Y/N POV

Me, Clementine, and Lee walked out of the house and started to walk to the gate, I noticed Clementine looking down so I walked over to her.

Y/N: Hey Clem, are you okay? 

Clementine: Should I stay?

I looked at her shocked.

Y/N: What? Why?

Clementine: I don't want to sleep in the tree house tonight, but I don't know if I want to leave. What if my parents come home? 

I did not know how to answer that question but I gave her a answer.

Y/N: You have your walkie right?

Clementine then got it out.

Clementine: Yeah.

Y/N: Good, you can talk to your parents just in case.

I smile and Clementine smiles back.

Clementine: YEAH, that is a good idea! Thanks Y/N.

Y/N: Anytime, I will always be here with you Clem. 

I say with a big smile on my face. Clementine smiles again and her face turns sightly red, she was blushing. We then walk towards Lee and we heard two men talking and we saw them struggling to push a car. 

Man 1: Man.

Man 2: I ain't never getting home to mama at this rate.

Man 1: This sucks.

Man 2: Aw it's hot dish night.

Then we walked out the gate and Lee called out to the guys talking.

Lee: Hey man!

The men quickly turned around and saw us, they freaked out.

Man 1: Holy shit! 

Man 2: Don't eat us!

Y/N: We won't, what are you guys doing? 

Man 1: Trying to get home, this whole neighborhood is a disaster. You people on your way outta here? Because you should be. Those things are all over the damn place. Haven't seen anything as gnarly as this neighborhood since downtown Atlanta, 15 miles back. I'm Shawn, Shawn Greene.   

Lee: I'm Lee, and these two are Clementine and Y/N.

Clementine was a little shy but I waved at them.

Man 2: Hi, i'm Chet.

Shawn: We shouldn't be out in the open like this. How about you help us clear the way out and we will take you and your kids out of here, and down to my family's farm. It should be safer there.

Lee: I'm not their dad, i'm... Just some guy.

Shawn: Some guy? They were both alone? Well then lets get going. Staying put for too long is a mistake. 

Lee then looked at me and Clementine, I nod wanting to leave, but Clem was not sure what to do. Then we heard and saw the monsters coming. 

Chet: The monsters are coming! We gotta go!

Shawn: Lee, quick! Let's go! 

Shawn said whispering. Lee then starts to help Shawn and Chet with the car. Me and Clem look at each other and then at the monsters, we both knew with our help, Lee and the others will get the car moving faster. So me and Clem ran to the car and helped push it. It works and we all get in the truck and Chet gets inside the cargo bed. The truck then drives off and hits the car we were pushing. Clementine was looking at her house as we were getting more further away from it.