Chapter 28: The Stranger

Lee's POV

Me and Y/N were walking down the hall in the Marsh House. He kept giving me a sad look. He knew my time was timing out. I was extremely pale.  

Lee: Hey Y/N?

Y/N: Yes Lee?

Lee: I know you and Clem are the same age, but I want you to promise me something.

Y/N: What is it?

Lee: I want you to protect Clementine. I want you to keep her safe.

Y/N: Of course. I promise Lee. 

I give him a smile.

Lee: Thanks Y/N. You are the most badass kid I have ever met.

Y/N: You are the best guardian I have ever met. I will never forget you. 

Y/N Then gave me a hug, I hugged him back with my arm.

Lee: I won't forget you too.

We let go and walk in the door that Clem is supposed to be at. It was empty. We saw a rope connected to two doors. probably to keep Clem locked. We turn around to see a man holding a gun at us. The man on the radio. The Stranger.

Stranger: I got us adjoining rooms.

Y/N: I'm going to kill you.

Stranger: I have a gun.

He looks at me. 

Stranger: You look horrible. Go over there.

We see three chairs. I sit on one. Y/N sits on the one next to me. The Stranger sit on the one facing us.

Stranger: Put your things down.

We then hear knocking.

Clementine: Let me out! Who's out there?

Me and Y/N were about to speck but The Stranger points his gun at us.

Stranger: Shh. Quiet please, sweetie!

We put our things down.

Stranger: Do you know who I am?

Lee: Yeah. I know who you are.

Stranger: You saw my car then. You see anymore stuff in there? Not any left.

Lee: Everything was out there for the taking. We were starving.

Stranger: For the taking?! Do you know what you TOOK from me?! Have you ever hurt somebody you care about?

Lee: Not on propose. 

Y/N: Same.

Stranger: I hurt my wife so bad. I took my son hunting. Even though my wife said no. I came back without him and the look on her face said... "You are a MONSTER!." We went out looking for him. We never found him. I hurt her so bad. Then you took our things. You robbed us. I could've earned her trust back. But not after that.

Lee: I'm sorry.

Y/N: I never wanted to take that stuff in the first place.

Stranger: The hungrier we got the more she blamed me. Until she finally took our daughter and left. They didn't get far... I... found them a day later. In the road. Do I look like a monster to you?

Lee: No.

Stranger: I'm not like you. You walked Y/N here and a little girl into a diary full of sick people and let them get their hands on them.

Y/N: He didn't know that would happen.

Lee: I was trying to find a safe place for them.

Stranger: You abandoned a defenseless grieving woman.

Y/N: That bitch had it coming.

The sweatshirt you and she's wearing was my boy's. You stole that from us.

Lee: I fucked up.

Stranger: Yes you did. 

Y/N: How could you know all of this.

He then puts his own walkie down.

Stranger: You're a monster. You're a murderer and a thief and I'm going to hurt you so bad.

Lee: It doesn't have to be this way.

Stranger: You can't take care of anyone.

Y/N: Lee took care of more people then you can ever think of. He took care of me, Clem, and lots of others. Where the hell were you when your son was missing?

The Stranger ignored him because he did not want to talk about it.

Stranger: After I heard Clementine on the radio and realized who you folks were, I came after you purely for revenge. But the more I heard about the things you did and the danger she was in... our plan changed. Lee, listen to me. I need you to hear this before what happens next. I can take care of her.

He then looked at Y/N.

Stranger: And you too. We can have a family. I bet you don't even know old she is.

Lee: She's eig-

Y/N: Nine.

I look at him in shock. The stranger gave him a impressive look.

Stranger: Correct Y/N. You would be a perfect boy in our family.

Y/N: Hell to the fucking no.

Lee: No. you're not taking them.

Stranger: Lee.

Lee: I said no.

He then looked at his bag.

Stranger: Honey. I think this is all going to work out.

We saw Clem somehow get out of the room. I use my head to tell her to get the cleaver on the table. She does and attacks him. Y/N disarms The stranger and I charged him into the closet. I was choking him with my one arm. But due to the bite. I was weak. He countered and charged me on the ground and started choking me.

Stranger: Son of a bitch. Just go away. Die!

Y/N then tackled him off me.

Y/N: Clem! Now!

Then the stranger was shot in the head. Clem shot him.

Clementine: I... I... I...

Me and Y/N hugged her. She hugged back.

Lee: It's okay.

Y/N: You are safe now.

Clem looked at me.

Clementine: Your arm is gone, you look horrible.

Lee: I know.

Clementine: You two don't smell good.

Y/N: I know.

Lee: Let's go. 

I open the door to see a walker. It did not attack me or Y/N. It was going for Clem. Y/N killed it.

Clementine: It didn't attack you two.

Y/N: Maybe because of the blood.

Lee: Lets put it on you.

Me and Y/N rubbed walker guts on Clem. We then went outside to blend with the walkers. Clem then stopped. She was looking at two walkers with sadness. It was her parents. 

Y/N: I'm sorry Clem.

Lee: Come on you two. We need t-to---

I then pass out.