Lloyd x Reader (Harumi's Sister)

The amount of Lloydxreader stories I've written is ridiculous, but @paulibtslove_ninjago left a request for a Lloyd x reader (Harumi's sister) story in another book, so... yeah. Here you are! I hope you like it <3

btw, prepare for some plot differences because I don't remember everything from season 8

Y/n = your name
h/c = hair colour

-------------Lloyd's POV-------------------

"Whoa, I could get used to living in a place like this!" Cole says as we walk through the palace.

"Well, don't," I tell him. "We're only here as guests."

"May I present to you the Emperor and Empress of Ninjago," the guard announces as we make our way into the throne room. "And their daughters, the Jade Princesses, Harumi and y/n."

"I only see one Princess," Nya whispers. I elbow her in the ribs.

"We are honored by your presence," the Emperor says.

"The honor is all ours," I reply.

"I have read much about you," Princess Harumi says. "Your heroics will surely become legend."

Harumi proceeds to speak about each of us, starting at Kai and ending with me.

"Thank you for inviting us to stay at the palace," I say to the Emperor once Harumi is done talking.

"It wasn't us who invited you, it was our daughter," the Emperor clarified. "She would like you to stay with us until the threat to our throne is over. As long as we have one of the Oni masks, we fear we are in danger."

"The masks must never be reunited," Harumi adds. "Please say yes."

The rest of the team turns to me.

"Then you have our help," I decide.

"Sorry I'm late!!" someone cries. Everyone in the room turns to see the owner of the voice.

"Ninja, I'd like you to meet my twin sister, y/n," Harumi says, a hint of irritation in her tone.

"Hi," y/n says nervously, waving meekly.

"I told you to be on time," Harumi hisses at her.

"Sorry, I was in the kitchens..."

Harumi sighs, then turns back to us. "My apologies; my sister isn't very punctual. Now, since you'll be staying with us, Mr. Hutchens can show you the palace."

-------------------y/n's POV---------------

As soon as the ninja are escorted out of the throne room, Harumi turns to me with an angry expression.

"I told you at least three times to be here when the ninja arrive," she says. "And then you show up with smudged makeup and flour plastered all over your clothes?"

"Sorry, Rumi," I mutter. "I was hel--"

"I don't care what you were doing," she says, turning away. "Remember not to be late for the meeting at midnight."

"What meeting?" I ask.

Rumi turns and glares at me.

"Oh, right... Don't worry, I won't forget."

-----------a few hours later----------

I tie my h/c hair up in a bun as I head back to the kitchens. I grab the bag I was packing with food earlier, then add a few more apples and pears before heading out. I sneak out of my bedroom window with the heavy sack over my shoulder, and climb down the same way I do every night. Rumi's bedroom is right beside mine, so she climbs out her own window and meets me on the rooftop across from the palace.

"Don't tell me you're doing that again," she groans, referring to the bag of food.

I grin sheepishly.

She scowls. "Fine, but make it quick."

I watch as she slides down the roof and then scurries off to go to the meeting. Knowing that I'll be late if I don't get a move on, I start hopping across rooftops until I get to the less-fortunate part of town. Before I'm able to climb down, I hear a creaking noise.

I look over the edge of the building I'm standing on, and see the Green Ninja dangling from an old metal ladder. Right before the ladder breaks, I catch the ninja by the arm and pull him up onto the roof.

"Who are you?" he asks, getting into a fighting stance.

Slowly, I take off my hood so he can see who I am.

"Princess Harumi?" he says in disbelief. "But... I thought you were kidnapped! I was trying to save you."

"That seems ironic, considering I was the one saving you," I joke. I decide to play along, making him think I'm Harumi.

The ninja--Lloyd, I think his name is--scratches the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Then... who's in the bag?"

"Nobody," I say, opening the sack. "It's food for struggling families. I bring some from the kitchens as often as I can."

"But your bedroom was ransacked!"

"Yeah, I can be a little messy," I laugh. This was fun, making my sister seem like a slob.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean--"

"The Princess is missing!" someone cries from afar.

"Oops," I mumble. "Welp, nice seeing ya, but I have to go."

"Wait! It's my job to protect you! I can't allow you to go roaming around by yourself."

"Well, by all means come along, sir."

He doesn't argue, and follows me through the streets. Children notice me passing by and run up to me, so I give each of them enough food for their families. I tell them to take care as they run off, waving goodbye to them with a smile.

"Princess, you really should be getting back to the castle," Lloyd says.

"No, I have to be somewhere," I say, but then smack myself in the face. I shouldn't have said that.

I finish handing out the rest of the food, then think of a way to get rid of Lloyd.

"Look, Green Ninja—"

"Lloyd," he corrected.

"Lloyd. I appreciate the fact that you're doing your job, but I need you to leave."

"No, I—"

Before he has time to finish his sentence, I throw the empty sack at his face and then run off.

——————-Lloyd's POV—————

I wrestle the bag off of me and look around for Harumi. I'm about to start searching the streets when Cole calls me.

"Lloyd! Where are you?"

I press the button on the side of my mask to respond. "Chasing down the Princess, why? What's wrong?"

"There are explosives beneath the palace! They're set to go off any minute now!"

"Get everyone out of there," I order. "I'll be right over!"

——————

Should I continue?