Paris is pretty dense... (reader insert)

Idk what this is, I just found it in an old folder on my computer. Just thought I'd post it cuz why not... don't judge my younger self's writing skills.

Y/n= your name

•••your POV•••

I'm just casually reading my book when I feel something hit my feet. Startled, my hands jerk upwards and my book hits me in the face. I let go of it in surprise, and it falls to the floor.

"Everything all right, y/n?" Mlle. Bustier asks.

"Yup, all good," I mutter, ducking under my desk to find the novel.

"Hiya, y/n!" someone whisper-shouts.

I turn my head to see a floating giant red bug staring at me.

I shriek and fall backwards with a thump. I hear laughter from my classmates, so I quickly get my book and sit back on my seat. I open the pages up again and try to hide my face behind it.

"I'm Tikki; Ladybug's kwami," the bug says as she floats up between my face and the book.

"Isn't it a bit risky to be out in the open like this?" I ask.

"Nah, Paris is pretty dense," she says with a shrug. "Anyway... you already know who Ladybug is, don't you?"

"Yeah, so?"

"And you also know who Chat Noir is?"

"Uhh, yeah... it's kinda hard not to..."

"So you understand how painful it is to just sit here watching this annoying love square?"

"Love square?" I repeat. "What do you mean?"

"Marinette likes Adrien, and Chat Noir likes Ladybug, but they don't know each other's identities. To make it worse, Adrien has no idea Marinette likes him because she acts like a total goofball whenever he's around, while Ladybug is so darn oblivious she doesn't pick up on Chat's flirting."

I think about that for a moment, and once I put two and two together, my eyes widen.

"Ohhh," I realize, and Tikki smiles evilly as I'm subjected to a boatload of never-ending frustration.

"Now do you get it?" Tikki asks.

I nod, zoning out as I think of how oblivious they both are.

"Why did you have to subject me to this, Tikki?" I complain.

"What? I need someone to share my pain with."

I groan, thinking about all the times Ladybug has rejected Chat Noir on the news, and all the times Adrien has called Mari 'just a friend.'

I glare at Tikki, mad that she told me this. "I'm never going to forgive you for this."