Nya x Reader (Ninjago)

This is for samiecornandpeggy (I know you didn't exactly ask for it, but still. This chapter is dedicated to you).

Y/n = your name
Y/e = your element (whatever you want)

Btw, I'm staying away from pronouns so that y/n can be whatever gender you guys want

————————

Y/n's POV

"Argh! I'll never get this right!" Nya exclaims, throwing her arms down. "There's no way I'll ever learn to control my element."

"Stop thinking about it and just do it," I suggest, sitting on the shore while she's standing in the small pond. "You've got it in you, you just have to let your power flow."

"Water flows whether or not I'm controlling it," she laughs.

"Fair enough... come on, try again."

She takes a deep breath in and exhales. She raises her arms again, and closes her eyes.  She focuses for a good thirty seconds, but then gets frustrated and and drops her hands.

"This is pointless!" She complains, sitting down on a rock, burying her head in her hands. "I'm completely useless."

"Whoa whoa whoa," I say, sitting down beside her. "Did you seriously just say that?"

She doesn't answer.

"You are the most multitalented person I know," I tell her. "You're great at combat, you're an expert at mechanics and technology, and you're a vital part of this team. I don't know what any of us would do without you."

She looks up at me. "How can I be 'vital' when I can't even make the water move?"

"Well, first of all, you're moving it right now," I joke, pointing at her feet making ripples in the pond. "But secondly, you don't need to be a ninja to be helpful. We've been relying on you since you got here; you know more about flying ships than anybody, even Zane!"

She smiles slightly and looks away. After a moment of silence, she turns back to me. "How did you do it? How did you master your element?"

"Me? Oh, it was an accident, really. I needed to protect the rest of the team, and y/e just kind of came to my rescue."

"You act as though you don't control it," she says, intrigued. "As if y/e made its own choice to aid you."

"Well, yeah. Anything that comes from nature shouldn't be under the command of another being. Our elements should be free, whether they're living or not."

Nya stares at me, then down at the water. She stands up, holds one hand just above the waves, and closes her eyes again. She slowly move her hand upwards, and a sphere of water followed her palm.

"You're doing it!" I exclaim.

She opens her eyes, gasps, and draws her hand back towards her chest. The water falls back into the pond.

"I can't believe it!" She cries.

She throws her arms around me in a hug, which—for some reason—makes me blush.

"Thank you, y/n," she whispers.

"Anytime," I reply.

"Hey, guys!" Jay yells from the tea shop. "Dinner's ready!"

"Your boyfriend's calling you," I say. "We should head inside."

"Right," she says. I could have sworn I saw her face fall when I mentioned the word boyfriend.