"𝓜𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾."

"The shade always comes at the worst times."

~The Neighbourhood

---

The water in front of me sparkles like a million diamonds. I take one step, the perfect temperature of the water sends shivers down my spine. Soon, my legs are engulfed in the nice water. Then, my waist. It gets to the point where my body is fully engulfed in the perfect liquid. It seems as if there is no end to the water. The breath in my body is no more. I had felt this feeling before, weeks before. The water soon takes over my lungs. The burning sensation isn't there.. Rather, a nice round of breath fills my lungs.

"I can... breathe?" I'm very confused.

"No shit you can breathe. You're on Earth." I hear a familiar voice.

"Teddy?" I question. I search the sunset-reflected waters for him. No sight of him. I hear a strange noise from behind me. I turn around to see a dark figure. A familiar one.

"Hello?" I swim towards the figure.

"Hi, Y/N. You're dreaming." The voice echoes inside my head.

"Could you... wake me up?" I ask.

"Sure." I feel a cold hand slide onto my bare shoulder. That was enough to wake me.

"Hey, Duchamp." I smile. He pulls me into a hug.

"We been missin' ya at the treehouse, Peach." He adjusts his glasses.

"I know. I was missin' you guys too." I run a hand through my soft blonde hair.

"Treehouse?" He questions.

"You know it." I smirk.

---

Teddy and I were the first ones to arrive. While we waited for the rest of the gang to come, we talked about Marilyn Monroe, music, and the frying pan incident.

"It's funny that Kate got arrested for defending herself." Teddy hands me a Winston.

"Yeah. Those poor pancakes." I grab the lit cigarette from his friend. The secret knock is knocked. I open the latch.

"Hey, princess." Apparently, 'Princess' was Gordie's nickname for me.

"Hello, Gordie." I smile. 

"Watcha' got there?" I question. He holds up a notebook.

"Writing stuff."

"Right."

Teddy continued babbling on about the frying pan incident. I started to zone out. Wyatt's green eyes came into view.

"Don't you listen, Merrill." His voice echoes in my head. His dark brown waves brush against his forehead.

"My heart aches with the thought of you." He comes closer.

"Wyatt Hogan, leave me alone." He puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Come back to me, darling blue." The memories hit me.

"Get out of my head." Hot tears begin falling down my cheeks. The hand sliding around my waist snapped me from thought.

"You okay?" Chris questions.

"Fine."

"You sure? You were crying." Chris pulls me close.

"Just thinking."

"You must think deeply."

"I do."

"That's kinda cool. You should write down your thoughts." Chris suggests.