Chapter 15

Salinda
I charged my phone than went to pack a my things and took the few things that I brought for Akani and packed them neatly in a plastic. I took out the watch and got wrapped paper than covered it and left it next to my bedside table. I went downstairs to cook dinner for my family. Once done I went to my phone and added my friends number from the book that I kept next to the house phone. I created a group called " Girl power" invited my girls and texted " guess who has a phone" I went to shower than took a selfie in my long black sleeve top and black head wrap and placed it as my profile picture. My what app was buzzing with the girls positive messages after reading it. I got downstairs found Chris and krutze. Dished up for us as we spoke via light conversation and I told them what happened with Ray and Akani.
Chris: Your guy doesn't seem like a person who is in Ray circle
Krutze: Ray has beef with everyone just don't mind him. We finished up and I dished up the caramel cake Akani got me as desert.
Chris: I see you took my advice. He says while eating a big chunk of the cake.
Me: We just friends nothing more.
Krutze: its all starts at that then something develops than bomb you are married and have kids. I remember how scared I was when I saw him a year ago in hospital, I thought he was your guy the way he used to take care of you and help you move around. I don't know much about love but I say he has the hots for you. I just laughed and right than Ray walks in looking more angry.
Ray: Salinda Am only saying this once and once only, you will fucken stay away from that boy. He was all pink and that terrified me
Me: why
Ray: because am your brother and I know what good for you. Stay away from that boy or you will regret it.
Chris: Raymond what wrong with you. I was shaking with fear looking at Ray all worked up like that just took me back to the time when Sizwe was angry and I had no Idea what was happening or what did I do to make him angry. I knew that a slap was coming next. In my mind I knew my brother will never hit me but in that moment I felt so useless and trapped in a nightmare of my past. He tried to come closer and I moved back in fear and krutze got up to come hold me as he rocked me in his embraced as tears just fell from my eyes.
Chris: leave Ray
Ray: but....
Chris: Now and come back when you calmer. Ray left looking all apologetic and banged his bedroom door making me jump.
Krutze: iv got you sis, its just us. You are safe. He rocked me until I dozed off and I woke up I was in bed and my phone was ringing. I took it without checking the ID and answered
Me: Hello
Akani: you don't sound okay. And just like that the events of the night came crashing down on me and I couldn't breathe as my eyes were blurry as tears blinded me and a cry came out.

Akani
The minute I heard her take a quick breath and heard her cry over the phone I grabbed my keys and drove the 10 min drive to her house got there knocked and her brother Chris was there.
Me: Am sorry to budge in on you guys but I need to see Salinda she not okay. I was walking pass him and took the steps two at the time and got into her room found her crying in her bed. I got in and held her. Chris looked at me so confused.
Krutze: and than..... he kept quite as he saw me in bed with a crying Salinda they looked at me with confused faces. Chris mouthed that he was going to make tea and I nodded and he pulled Krutze with him.
Me: Am here baby... its okay... I kept saying while rocking her until she slept and than I placed her softly in bed than left to go talk to her brothers. I got downstairs to find them finished with they tea and they looked at me with blank expressions
Me: I called to say goodnight and she just cried. They filled me in on the situation that she had with Ray and that got me so angry. I looked at Chris.
Me: I don't mean to be disrespectful with my presence in your home but if its okay with you can I spend the night just to make sure she is okay not no.... Chris stopped me
Chris: its fine by me
Krutze: From day one I never had an issue with you.
Me: Thank you and goodnight. I walked back into her room and kicked off my morning shoes and got in bed with her and she snuggled closer to me. In that moment my heart was over filled with so much emotions and so much love and I knew right there and than that she meant something dear to me and ill protect her at all cost and maker her mine.