Lost in thought

(Y/N)'s POV:

I felt my face grow bright red with embarrassment. The wooden training sword slipped out of my weak grip and clattered to the ground next to my feet.

After failing to master the fifth form of the Breath of the Serpent even after training for four years, I'd pretty much given up all hope of becoming the Serpent pillar's apprentice. After being brought here to my grandfather's house, since my parents could no longer afford to keep both my younger sister and I fed, it had been non-stop training everyday.

I needed to keep reminding myself this was for my family. My sister, Kiyomi. My sister had always been very weak from birth, and because of this, my sister could only stay home and couldn't do any of the housework or chores. My father worked also worked exceptionally hard, but it wasn't nearly enough to a feed a family of two growing children along his wife. So that's why I took it on myself to support my family and become the Serpent pillar's apprentice.

I had met Obanai Iguro a few times before. It was when we were both merely children, but I remembered the memories vividly.

I remembered thinking, no, knowing, that Obanai Iguro was the prettiest boy I had ever met. His mismatched turquoise and amber eyes were beautiful. They were the type of eyes that you could easily gaze into and admire for hours. Of course, I wasn't gonna be the weird girl staring at you for no reason.

As I thought about Obanai, I was completely distracted and lost in thought...

IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT I TRIED... (though not likely anyone except myself will read this book though lolol  T-T)