The butterfly mansion

"KYAAAAA!!!! WHERE AM I!?" I immediately tried to jump up but immediately felt dizzy and had to lie back down on the bed I was standing on. I had a splitting headache and I didn't want to move. That was when someone walked in.

"I see you're awake, how are you feeling?" A girl with black hair put into two pigtails asked as she carried a tray with some sort of medicine on it.

"Uh... who are you and where am I...?" I asked suspiciously. I tried to get a clearer look at my surroundings and concluded that I was in a hospital ward like room. There was no one else except the other girl and me in the room though.

That's when the girl spoke up. "I'm Aoi Kanzaki. Right now you're being treated at the butterfly mansion, as per the Serpent Hashira's orders." She replied. Huh...? Serpent... Hashira?!?!?!? OBANAI?! 

"Serpent Hashira...?" I asked uncertainly. 

She facepalmed. "Oh right, I guess you don't know." 

Aoi continued, "Hashira Iguro has declared that you'll be his apprentice." 

His... APPRENTICE!?!?!??!? But... why!? I had conflicting feelings, on one hand, I felt like jumping up and doing a victory dance. On the other, I felt confused as to why he would choose me. Afterall, he was the one that had to rescue me because I was being careless...

But at the moment, I was completely overwhelmed with pure joy. This meant that my family was safe... right? That was all that mattered to me. I couldn't believe it. I was going to be the Serpent Hashira's apprentice.

A FEW HOURS BEFORE

"Are you sure?" Kagaya Ubuyashiki asked Obanai as he sipped on his green tea. 

"Yeah" was all Obanai answered. "Mmmm... interesting..." Obanai nodded slowly. 

'Of all people, I wonder why he'd choose her...' Ubuyashiki mused. "May I ask why you've chosen (Y/N)?" Kagaya questioned. 

"Well, she was able to stand the Elite Demon's breath, and I do know that she does decently with a sword." Obanai replied. "Alright then, you are dismissed." Kagaya said. Obanai nodded and left without another word.

WOAH. HOW DID I GET NEARLY ONE HUNDRED READS? I CAN'T STOP SAYING THANK YOU FOR SOME REASON, SO THANK YOU.

BTW IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO WRITE IN ITALICS... PLEASE TELL ME I'M LITERALLY DYING BECAUSE MY SMALL BRAIN CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE OUT HOW TˆT