You haven't changed at all

I sat near the small pond in the demon slayer headquarters. The tips of my toes barely skimmed the surface of the water as I perched on a rock nearby. Fish swam and the lily pads swayed to the wind. Overall, I found the scene relaxing, especially after what had happened the day before. I still didn't know what that thing was. I didn't even have a name for it or how absolutely putrid it had been to be within 5 feet of whatever that thing was. It wasn't like I'd never faced demons before, it was just that I had absolutely no words for how absolutely disgusting and horrifying that thing had been. It was definitely an experience I would never want to remember or repeat. I shuddered at the thought of it.

Suddenly, I heard leaves rustling behind me.  The steady fall of footsteps drew closer.

I immediately turned around to see who was approaching, expecting to see maybe Aoi carrying the same medicine that she'd given to me yesterday. Instead, a familiar yet unfamiliar face appeared.

"Hey." Said a smooth voice. "Oh.. Uhhh... Hi?" Was all I managed to say, not really knowing how to address him. I hurriedly added "Hashira Iguro!!!!" At the end, hoping to not sound like I absolutely was clueless and didn't know what I was supposed to say. Apparently, I failed, as he looked like he was trying not to laugh at my feeble attempt of doing the simple act of saying hi.

"(Y/N)-san, well, it's nice to see you again."

"Oh! You remember me?!" I said, surprised. After all, I'd like to think that I didn't still look a small child. I mean, it's not like I was much younger than him... I was only a few years younger than Obanai, or rather Hashira Iguro now I guess. But as for why he chose me, I was clueless.

"Well, I didn't have a lot of friends as a child..." He said, his face darkening. "So, of course I'd remember you." He continued to say. "Ahh... I see." He was silent for a moment. "Well, uhm... ya know... now that your a Hashira and well... What should I call you?" I said awkwardly, breaking the silence. "So that's the first thing you think to ask me when we finally meet again?" He asked dryly. "In that case, just call me Hashira Obanai or whatever." "Kay, noted." I replied.

I was beginning to get hopeful of my new life.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING! I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHERE THIS STORY IS GOING RIGHT NOW BUT I GUESS WE'LL JUST GO WITH WHATEVER FUTURE ME THINKS OF.