i guess we do

"Clarke, could you stop reading for just one second?" Octavia complained. She looked around her room, bored.

"No," I said. "This book is awesome, you should really read it."

"Clarke, noooooo," Octavia whined. "Please don't do this to me."

"I'm not putting it down," I said in a way that made it clear that I wasn't gonna change my mind anytime soon.

After about a few more minutes of intensified reading, Octavia screeched the word "BELLAMY!" (whatever that meant) causing me to jump.

I looked up, and for the first time in forever, I blushed. The guy standing in front of me was absolutely gorgeous.

He was tall and muscular. He had a beautiful skin tone: same as Octavia's, and chocolate brown eyes. His brown hair was a mess, but that made him seem like he didn't give have a care in the world, and I liked that. Freckles were splashed all over his face, making him look even more attractive.

"Hey Octavia," he said, engulfing her in a hug. God, his voice was so masculine, I just wanted him to punch me in the face already.

I turned my eyes back toward my book, pretending to read.

"Bellamy, this is Clarke. The friend I've been talking to you about? The one who moved here a few weeks ago?" Octavia told him. I looked back up at them at the mention of my name. She'd told him about me? Hopefully only the good stuff, and none of the embarrassing shit I've done...

"Oh yeah," he said in realization. "The one who reads the same books as me?" Well, thank God that's the first thing that comes to his mind when he thinks of me.

"Wait, you read Percy Jackson?" I asked him, motioning at the book in my hands.

"Yes I do," he said smiling. He looked like a little puppy when he smiled.

"Huh," I said, surprised. No one read these books at my age. "I'm Clarke."

"Bellamy," he said, holding his hand out to me. I shook it.

We started talking about the series, and we must've gotten carried away because by the time we took a break from all the talking, Octavia was gone.

"Where'd she go?" I asked.

"Probably to go eat. She tends to that a lot," Bellamy said, laughing.

"You're cute when you laugh," I blurted out.

My face went red. "I-uh, I, um-"

He laughed again. "It's fine," he said. "You're cute when you blush."

And being the pathetic being I am, that statement made me blush even more.

"So, um, do you maybe wanna go on a date or something sometime?" he asked me. "You're pretty cool."

I smiled. "Of course. I'd love to."

I heard a "yes!" from the hallway outside Octavia's room.

"Octavia?" I asked.

"Shit," she muttered. She walked into the room slowly.

"Why hello there, citizens in my room," she said. Wow, she was terrible at acting innocent. "Can I do anything for you?"

"O, how much of that did you hear?" Bellamy questioned.

Octavia squealed like a fangirl. "All of it. I had actually been planning for you guys to meet. Two nerds, one epic love story."

I rolled my eyes. "Octavia, we just met."

Bellamy gasped. "Do you mean that you could never love me?"

I hit him in the arm. "Shut up." We all started laughing.

"No, but, seriously," Octavia said quite seriously, "I knew that you two would like each other. You guys are practically meant to be. You have so much in common!"

I looked over at Bellamy. "I guess we do, huh?"

He smiled. "I guess we do."

not my best, but it's mehh

stay safe and have a good day!

-k