are you excited?

in this one, octavia and bellamy are twins...

-7 years-

"Clarke!" Octavia said from afar. "Are you excited?"

I scoffed. "Octavia, you know I hate school. And, even worse, today is our first day of this entire year."

"But c'mon recess and lunch will be fun, right?" Octavia asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," I sighed, "but only because I'll get to see you in the cafeteria and we'll get to play fairies outside."

"Yay!" she celebrated. "Okay now let's go see who's class we're in."

When we saw who was in who's class, there was good news and bad news. The good news was that we were in the same class and that it was with Mr. Kane. He was the best teacher in the world, according to other kids.

The bad news (according to Octavia) was that her twin brother - Bellamy - would be transferring from another school and he was in our class.

"He's so annoying," Octavia said. "All he does is bug me."

I laughed, but she didn't join in.

When class started, I was assigned a seat next to Bellamy. Why do I always have the worst of luck?

"You're short," he said, looking at me up and down.

"You're stupid," I retorted. He smirked. Oh, the audacity this kid had...

"You're Octavia's friend, right?" he asked.

"Best friend," I corrected. "And Octavia was right; you are annoying."

-10 years-

"Clarke!" Octavia said coming towards me. "Are you excited?"

"I dunno," I said. "I love Halloween, but this will be our first year trick-or-treating without our parents."

She nodded. "What sucks, even more, is that Bellamy is coming with us," she said, a disgusted look plastered onto her face.

"That's too bad," I lied. Truth was, Bellamy was actually a pretty cool guy. We had become friends over the years, but we still kinda hated each other at times. I wasn't sure if Octavia knew of our friendship.

Suddenly, Bellamy came running with a Batman costume on.

"You're...Batman?" I asked in disbelief when he arrived. "Batman is so overrated."

"Hey, at least I'm not a princess," Bellamy replied, motioning at my costume.

"I'm not a princess!" I yelled, mocking his voice on the word princess. "I'm a superhero; Emma Frost."

"Whatever," he said, swinging his Batman cape over the bottom half of his face. "Princess," he muttered under his breath.

"I can hear you, you know," I told him, even though I was smiling.

He chuckled. "Yeah, I know."

-12 years-

"Clarke!" Octavia said right next to me. "Are you excited?"

I smiled. "It's our first day of middle school, Octavia, I dunno whether I'm nervous or resentful, but I'm definitely not excited."

"Just be calm, and all will be good," she said.

"You sound like a yoga master, Octavia, it's scaring me," I laughed. She laughed too.

We went to check who's class we were in. My homeroom was with a guy named Mr. Pike, and, apparently, he'd be the one to give us our schedules. Sadly, Octavia and I weren't in homeroom together. She was with Mrs. Indra.