remember me: part 1

"Clarke?" Octavia asked from the other end of the phone. I could tell she was crying.

"I'm here," I assured her. "What's wrong?"

"It's Bellamy," she said. "He was in a car accident."

I covered my mouth with my hand. Bellamy... no.

"Is he okay?" I questioned quietly, bracing myself for the answer.

"I'm in the hospital right now. They said they'll tell me soon enough," Octavia told me. "Please come. I want you here, and I'm pretty sure Bellamy does too."

I smiled sadly. "I'll be there in 10 minutes, okay?"

"Okay," she said, and I hung up.

Bellamy could be really severely hurt. Maybe even dead. No, I told myself. He's fine, don't think like that!

I drove to the hospital in silence. No music, no talking to myself, no humming.

Bellamy was gonna be fine. Bellamy was gonna be fine. Bellamy was gonna be fine...

Soon, I had reached the hospital and was entering, finding Octavia in the waiting room. I could tell she was silently crying.

"Hey, O," I said, "how're you holding up?"

She chuckled. "In case it's not obvious, I'm a total mess." She motioned to her crying face and the pile of kleenexes on her lap.

"He's ready to see you," a doctor said to us, coming down the hallway, a clipboard in her hand. "He's in room 124."

"Thank you," I said for both of us, seeing as Octavia was still trying to get past the initial shock of it all.

We got to room 124. I waited outside as Octavia greeted him first.

"Hey Bell," Octavia said, sniffling.

"Hey, O," he said.

"How are you doing?" Octavia asked, picking up a worried tone. "Where's the pain? Do you feel any pain? When can you come home? What exactly is wrong with you? Did you break any-"

"Woah," Bellamy said, chuckling. At least he was still the same Bellamy I knew. I could never mistake that chuckle. "Tone it down, O. I have a few broken ribs, and the doctor said I have a few minor brain injuries, but that she wasn't sure exactly what they are yet."

Octavia sighed, rubbing her eyes intensely. "It could've been a lot worse, right?"

I could see him smile through the small window. "Yeah, it could've," he said, grabbing Octavia's hand and clutching it tightly.

"So when can you come home exactly?" Octavia asked.

"They're not sure yet," Bellamy admitted. "Around a couple of weeks, they think, but nothing's for certain yet."

Octavia looks at me through the window and nodded, saying it's my turn.

I smiled and entered the room, just as Octavia left. Now was her turn to not-so-secretly eavesdrop.

I sat down next to him, taking his hand into mine and kissing it softly.

"Hey, Bell," I said smiling sadly. "I heard-"

"Who the hell are you?" he asked me, taking his hand out of mine, disgusted. I could feel the confused expression form on my face. "Get away from me."

I shook my head. "Bellamy-"

"I asked you a goddamned question!" he yelled back. "Who are you?"

When I didn't answer, my jaw dropped, he said loudly; "Octavia, get in here! Do you mind telling me who this is."

Octavia looked just as confused as I was. "Bellamy... that's your girlfriend: Clarke."

Bellamy laughed. Well, until he saw our expressions. "You're... not kidding..?"

I shook my head again. "Bellamy, do you even remember me?"

"No," he admitted. "I don't."

i hope you liked it :)

am i making too many two-part one-shots?

-k