vase

hey, ive been in toronto for the past few days and i just got back, so that was why i didn't update sooner...

am i the only one who pronounces vase 'vawz' and not 'vayz'?

"You're doing it wrong!" Clarke yelled for what seemed to be the millionth time. Her partner just didn't understand pottery or art, did he? She was seriously getting fed up. So far, their pot looked like a boulder, which wasn't very pretty, if you asked her. "You have to put your hands on it delicately and shape it slowly, taking in every possible detail you can apply."

"Calm down," Bellamy said, his big hands filled with wet, brown clay. "It's my first time."

"So?" Clarke replied, her eyes flaring. "It's not that hard!"

"Maybe not for you," he said, pointing at her small hands with his chin. "But with these monster hands, I don't stand a chance."

"Oh, shut up, any hands are fine for the job."

Watching him fail and fail again just dissolved all hope that she would get an easy A in art this year. Sure, she'd always gotten an A in that particular class, but she was certain that this would be a guarantee, especially since she did pottery once every week.

Bellamy was as clumsy and big as ever. His mischievous smirk was nice to look at and his eyes were the prettiest brown she'd ever seen and all the girls loved him, but that didn't mean he had brains. At all.

She sighed, getting up, off her small stool, and grabbing her glass of water. Maybe she should take a break from trying to teach her useless partner how to use his freaking hands. Maybe she should just leave the studio, abandoning him.

Or maybe she could put her hands around her crush's and try to actually teach him.

As if on cue, Bellamy turned to her; "I think I got it! Come, help me before it falls apart again."

Clarke put down her glass and walked over to his side. He had, in fact, made a decent looking base to their future-vase. "That's actually not bad. Lemme finish it for you."

"I think you mean 'lemme finish it with you,'" he says, making her flush. "I wanna at least be able to say that I made a good-looking part of the vase."

"Fine," she said, feeling both nervous and excited. Maybe he'd asked to be her partner for more than just a good grade, after all.

She applied more clay at the base of the object before telling Bellamy to put his hands over it, barely touching.

"Barely touching?" he asked, cupping his hands around the substance, beginning to step onto the pad that made the plate spin. "Wow, that explains so much."

"You are so stupid," Clarke said, even though she was smiling.

She wrapped her hands around his, realizing how tiny they were. Or how big his were. Had they always been that huge?

A spark of electricity ran through her as she put her palm against the back of his hand and she smiled. This wasn't so bad after all.

With her standing up, and him sitting down, they were practically the same height. "Ok so you wanna start at the bottom, working your way up, shaping every part with extreme precision."

"Like this?" he asked, curving the bottom slightly, to make a vase-shaped bottom-half.

"Exactly," Clarke replied, happy that after all this time he finally understood it. Her hopes are demolished, though, when his index finger twitches, sending the whole thing spiraling downwards.

"Dammit," Bellamy said.

Clarke chuckled. "I guess mister perfect isn't so perfect after all, now is he?"

When Bellamy gave her a lopsided grin, she continued; "Here, let me show you."

He got up, and she sat down, placing her for on the pad, and pressing down repetitively to get it spinning again. She put her small, delicate, artist's hands, as her mom liked to call them, around the clay, slowly, but surely, forming the vase. She reached a quarter, half, three quarters, and finally-

It fell.

"Dammit!" she yelled. Oh God, that was so embarrassing.

"I guess miss perfect isn't so perfect after all, now is she?" When Clarke turned around, Bellamy was leaning over her shoulder, smirking down at her, and without acknowledging his previous comment, she smiled.

"I'm gonna do it again," she said, beginning to reshape the vase, rather quickly.

"I don't think so," Bellamy said, grabbing her chin and pulling her head towards his.

When he kissed her, she didn't even care that the vase was falling apart and falling on the floor.

His lips were sweet and he smelled like clay. She wrapped her arms around his neck, careful not to touch his hair with her dirty hands. She felt him smile into the kiss.

He finally pulled apart, but only to catch his breath.

He pointed at the vase, which was in a weird mud-looking puddle on the floor, his expression apologetic.

All she could do was smile.

Seeing her face, his face shaped itself into a grin.

"I never cared about that stupid vase anyway."

i hope you enjoyed it :)

please be understanding about all the late updates. i know that school just started for everyone, but i already have so much homework, soi cant just take out my computer and write ff, especially since i get home at 6:30 and go to bed at 9.

please jus be empathetic and don't pounce on me...

love you guys

-k