Ch. 18 - FRENRMY

Nova's outfit(s)

Chapter Eighteen 🦎 Frenemy 🦎

Chapter Eighteen
🦎 Frenemy 🦎

Turning a corner, Scott slides to a halt when he hears voices. A crowd of people gather outside the neon lit facade of a building. It's a night club. Scott turns, trying to find the creature. But it's Stiles and Nova who races out of the darkness, gasping for air, well, Stiles was gasping for air. "You see where he went?" Nova asked and Scott shook his head, "Lost him."

They glance about, trying to stay out of view of the club. "You couldn't catch a scent?" Stiles asked. "I don't think it has one."

"Any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone." Nova answered. "Right, that's what the claws and fangs are for. Now it all makes sense." Stiles said sarcastically but then saw the looks in his friend's faces, "Sorry. I'm a hundred and forty-seven pounds of pale skin and fragile bone. Sarcasm's my only defense."

"Can you just help me find it?" Scott said. "Not it. Jackson." Nova said while looking around. "I know, I know."

"But does he know? And did anyone
else see him back at your house?" Stiles asked and Scoot shook his head, "I don't think so. And he already passed Derek's test anyway."

"Yeah, but that's the thing. How did
he pass the test?"

"I don't know"

"Maybe it's an either/or thing. Derek said a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? So when's the Kanima not the Kanima?" Nova asked making realization cross over the two boys faces.

"When it's Jackson."
Scott looks to Stiles for confirmation, but Stiles's gaze is focused on something else, "Dude..." He nods to the roof of the club where a tail arcs into the moonlight. The Kanima's body glides into view and then darts
down through an air conditioning vent.

"You see that?" Stiles asked and they nodded. "He's inside."

"What the hell's he going to do in
there?" Nova asked. With a quick breath, Scott snaps his head toward the line. He's caught a scent. "I think I know who he's after."