Ch. 31 - CURRENTS

Nova's outfit

Chapter Thirty-one⊚ Currents ⊚

Chapter Thirty-one
Currents

A loud beeping goes off making Derek jump to his feet in the darkness. Nova and Cora rushes to his side, both looking at the alarm. Derek hits the button, silencing it, and looks about. Nothing seems unusual, until his eyes land on the windows.

"What does it mean?" Cora asked as her and Nova stood next to Derek, looking at the window. "It means they're coming. Tonight." Derek answered.

Painted in black on the window, the Alpha's Triskele looms over them.

Nova lets out a deep breath, "Well, looks like I'm skipping today."

The steel door of the loft slides open and Isaac and Boyd step into the quiet loft. Derek's voice rises from the stair case, "Go back to school."

"We can't. Both of us are incredibly, unbelievably sick." Isaac says and Derek scoffs, "With what? Brain damage?" He says.

"I have a migraine. Boyd has explosive diarrhea." Isaac says making Boyd shoot him a dirty look. Sitting on the steps of the spiral staircase, Derek tries hard not to smile. But loses the battle as Nova, who sat on the couch reading laughs. He steps down to meet them. "Is this your doing?" He asked looking at Nova.

"They're your kids not mine." She said making him roll his eyes before looking back at his betas. "We're here to protect you." Boyd said making Derek look at them with raised eyebrows. "You're here to protect me? Well, I'm in trouble then."

"Actually, Boyd here came up with a plan." Isaac said as Nova came up and stood next to Derek. "Yeah, I thought about the time Gerard had me and Erica locked up, tied up with electrical wires pushing current through us. I was wondering how we could do something like that... But on a bigger scale." Boyd explained opening the duffel bag he had with him.

Moving quickly, Boyd unravels a hose and drops the open end onto the floor of the loft. Water begins pouring out at Derek and Isaac's feet. "In a pool of electrified water, it can take only fifty milliamps to kill a normal human. Less power than it takes to turn on a light bulb." He explained.

"That's comforting."

"If we disable the circuit interrupter in the building's electrical room, the current will keep coming. And anyone who steps foot in here gets a pretty shocking surprise." Boyd continued making Nova smile. "Especially someone barefoot." Isaac adds. Derek peers up at them with the beginnings of a smile.

"See this is why you're my favorite." Nova said patting Boyd on his shoulder making him smile and Isaac look at her with a frown, "You have a favorite?"

She was about to answer but the sound of her phone ringing male her stop and pull it out, expecting it to be one of her friends. But instead it was her aunt, who almost never calls her.