Chapter 23

Sylvie
My life has taught me to think logically and smartly in every plan I attempt. Even if the only solution is escape, I have to figure it out, because that's the only way to save my life. Unfortunately, escaping from every difficult moment has made me unable to face the danger.
The only time I faced the danger, ended in a murder.

I had a plan of course and this would detain Eric and Daniel for a while. Anthi was so upset and anxious but I want her to be calm to make this plan work.

"Okay, Anthi listen to me. I have to tell the police about the accident and you have to be the witness for the man who brought me here. You will tell them that he was the one who hit my car and he was trying to kill me. You saw the car and Daniel Irvin, bringing me here just to make everyone believe that he has nothing to do with the accident."
"That's a lie! How am I supposed to do this? I wasn't even there!" Anthi asked me worried.

"It's the only way Anthi. You will say that you were driving your car!" I said.

"But then the police will arrest him. What if he confesses about the murder?" she asked me.

"Don't worry he won't," I said with certainty
"And how are you so sure?"
"Because it is not his interest to confess to a murder in which he was involved. Also, his criminal record is not empty. He has done many injustices so no one is going to believe him. Also, I saw on a Greek channel that the police are looking for two young men who left illegally."
"And then? What are we going to do?"Anthi asked me.

"We will see. Let's accomplish that part of our plan first."
"Can I ask you something?" she asked me
"What?"I asked her with curiosity.

"When I called you, a few minutes before the accident, you screamed to me that you felt broken. Was that because of........Derek?"
Derek.....Of course, it was because of him. I wonder if he knows about my accident. Did he visit me?

Maybe he did just to show me how soulful he is to his toys. I'm sorry, I meant werewolves.

"I don't want to talk about him, "I said abruptly.

"He was here yesterday. He was the first one who got here," she said
"WHAT? DID HE SEE DANIEL?" I asked terrified:
"No, but he was curious about that too."
"I can't face him. Not now." I said and started crying.
"What happened Sylvie? I know that he hurt you but I want you to tell me exactly what happened." Anthi said
I felt that pain in my heart and that clench in my stomach again.

"He betrayed me Anthi. He made me believe that he actually cares about me and then I found out that this was his plan. After two years of suffering, I fell in love with him and slept with him. Do you know how bad is to make love with someone who doesn't see you like.....a woman? My sentence has a mistake. We weren't making love. I thought we were but I was wrong. He wanted to ensure my silence and keep his secret. I think that's enough to regret everything I've done and feel broken." I said.
"Oh, Sylvie. Come here." Anthi said and flung her arms around me, hugging me affectionately.

This hug made me burst into tears but it was also making me feel better.
Then the police came into the room.

"Miss Sylvie Laurens, I am Officer Stones and I think it's time for the deposition of your yesterday's accident." the officer said
"Yeah, I will. My friend Anthi is the only witness who saw the accident because she was driving too." I said
"Oh, I see. Looks like that you two were going to hang out but then it turned into a nightmare." Officer Stones said
"Yeah, that's exactly what happened," Anthi said.

After the interrogation Officer Stones looked a little lost with our fake information.

"So you are saying that Daniel Irvin did that on purpose? And he also left illegally from another country?" the officer asked
"Yes. You have to trust us. He is a criminal and he is dangerous!" I said

"Well your information is useful to me and the police so, we will keep in touch. Also, the doctor said that you can take your discharge note and go back to your home." The officer said and left.

When we were alone with Anthi again she looked at me confused.
"I don't understand. Why didn't you tell him about Eric?" she asked me
"Maybe Eric works here so he wouldn't be a suspect. He knows what he is doing though. But I won't let him win. I won't let him fuck my life again!" I said with anger.

"Okay now calm down and get ready. We are leaving. But how? What if Eric sees us?" Anthi asked me and gave a blank stare at the door.

"Okay here's the deal. You will call Lydia to come here and you are going to disappear for a while. You need to be very careful."
"Why Lydia?"
"Because Eric didn't see her. Hurry. We don't have much time."
"Okay," Anthi said while she was taking her phone out of her purse.
She called Lydia and she said that she would be here in fifteen minutes.
Then Anthi left.

I got ready with clean clothes and no bruises or wounds. While I was waiting for Lydia I concentrated on my thoughts again.

What am I going to do with Derek? I still feel broken but I can't tell him anything about my plan. He doesn't know anything about me and I know his unbelievable secret. I can't tell him the truth. I want to keep him safe even though I was his toy but I can't hate him because......

.......I already love him!

Lydia got into my room and she looked happy when she saw me refreshed.

"I got your discharge note!" she said and she showed me the paper
"Really? I mean did someone ask you why or try to stop you?" I asked her surprised.
"Nope! A woman gave it to me. I didn't see anyone else. Now let's go" Lydia said
We got out of the room and I started walking fast through the hospital's corridors and my eyes were scanning the place.

If I see Eric right now, everything will be destroyed.

Finally, we got out of the hospital and we went to the parking. The wind was making me feel so relaxed and cold at the same time.
When I opened Lydia's car door I heard someone calling my name.

"Sylvie!"
I turned around.
It was Derek.
"Sylvie wait! I want to talk to you!" Derek yelled and he was approaching me with fast steps.
"Lydia start driving! NOW!" I yelled and I closed the door abruptly.
Then Lydia pressed the gas pedal and drove away from Derek. He made a few steps forward and then he put his hands into his jacket's pockets.
I was looking at him with tears flowing down my eyes.