Chapter 42

Sylvie

I will never forget the moment I woke up after the lethargy that seemed eternal to me. I did not want to wake up, I felt so well asleep. I didn't want to face the truth and the consequences. I feel so cold and numb. For a moment I wondered if I was still alive. I touched my cheek to make sure and I felt it so soft and cool.

I may be alive physically but mentally I feel the opposite. My eyes beheld a room I did not recognize. I might be dreaming or I'm having hallucinations. Still did not know what day it was or what time. Undesirable feeling. Then I remembered the last image before I fainted. Derek unconscious. But why couldn't I move and try to save him?

He is not near me and I have begun to fear. I remembered Nancy hitting him with an arrow, Anthi being unconscious next to Peter, Eric dead after a fierce battle between him and me and then Isabel running to me and holding a needle. I got up abruptly. I perched my palms on the bed and explored the space. To my left was a white door with a gold handle and to my left was a white window, locked with closed brown shutters. I approached the window and tried to open it but I could not.

The only thing I want is to find Derek. Nothing else. Suddenly I heard footsteps. In particular, I heard heels. I went as far back as I could and grabbed the empty glass jar that was on the bedside table. My eyes opened wide because I didn't expect to see this young woman right now.

She is extremely pretty. She is successful now and very rich. I can remember her when she was seventeen and I was thirteen. She loved drawing and sketching clothes She had a talent.

"Riley...."I said and realized that it's been a very long time since the last time I said her name.

"First of all, I'm not dangerous, for you. So put that jar on the bedside table."She said and showed with her finger the jar. I placed it on the bedside table and then stared at her frustrated.

"Before you start talking, let me answer your most important question. You are in Los Angeles, in my house. Anthi is here too and you've been sleeping for two days."

I closed my eyes with discomfort.

"That's why you feel so lost."She said and sat on a red classic armchair, cross-legged.

Then I looked at the beige nightdress. And it wasn't mine.

"It's from my boutique. I wanted you to feel comfortable."

I didn't care about the night dress. Derek should be here instead of Riley. I won't relax if I don't see him.

"Where is D-"I asked Riley but I closed my mouth with my hand and my eyes were open widely.

"Derek? You mean your older boyfriend who is also an.....al.....whatever a werewolf?"

I stared at her with a complaining look and put my hands on her shoulders.

"You know?"I asked her.
"I know."

"And you believe that?"I asked her, bemused.

"Yes, Sylvie because I saw them with my own eyes."

I felt so relieved and so confused at the same time. How does Riley know about Derek and the werewolves? How did she see them?

"What do you mean? Where did you see them?"I asked her, wheezing.

"There were some incidents in the gym that you do not know about. We have to wake Anthi up because she must be as much confused as you."

Then I turned my back on her and bit my lower lip.

"I need to find Derek. He knows the truth!"I yelled and stared around me.

Then the room's door opened and a maid got in.