Chapter 28

Sylvie

"I didn't want him to ask questions about you. All I wanted was a drink to forget all of my pain."I said to Derek while he was holding me by my arm. I was so dazed and he was walking fast that I wanted to faint.

"Can you please walk a little slower?"I asked him
"No!"
"If you don't, I will faint on you and then I won't be able to answer all your questions," I said
"You think it's funny? What were you going to do if I wasn't there?" he asked me.
"I.......don't know," I said and my voice was trembling.

"Sometimes I think that you don't want to be saved and you don't care about what will happen to you."
"You are right. I don't."I said and looked at him.
He stopped and looked at me surprised. Maybe he didn't expect that answer from me.

"Now that we left, where the hell is my car? I don't remember where I parked it."I asked.
God I shouldn't drink again. My car was next to us.
I opened the door and I tried to get in but Derek stopped me.

"You are not going to drive. You are drunk. You may crash it."Derek said
"Well maybe it's for the best"
What the hell did I just say?

Derek looked at me wildly and then he grabbed me and he forced me to sit on the co-drivers seat.

"What are you doing?"I asked him
"I am going to drive you home."
Then he sat next to me and he started driving. I tilted my head against the car window.

I had that feeling that I was safe with him and closed my eyes. I don't know why but I started feeling happy to see him again. I want so much to fall on his strong arms. When he talks to me he makes me forget all of my sufferings.

I didn't understand that the time passed when Derek turned off the car's engine. I opened the door and when I got out I almost fell. Derek ran to me and he held me from my shoulders.
"I.....feel so......exhausted...."I said
Then Derek took me in his arms and then I unconsciously hugged his neck.
"Give me your keys."He said with his deep voice.
I took out my keys from my purse and gave them to him. He opened the door with his one hand and he was holding me with the other one.

When we got in it was dark but he didn't turn any light on. We went upstairs.
"Where are you taking me?"I asked him and smiled
"To your bed. You should rest," he answered.
He laid me down on my bed gently and then he sat next to me. He removed some tufts of my hair to see my face. We stared at each other for a little.

I realized that I can't control myself anymore.
"All right...How are you feeling now?" Derek asked me
"I don't know.......I feel like the whole room turns around......And it's funny."I said and giggled.

"Don't drink again. You can't control yourself when you are drunk!" he told me strictly
"So? Who cares? Today was my night and I wanted a drink."I said and smiled.
Then I tried to fix the collar of his jacket.
"Did I ever mention that you are very handsome with that leather jacket? My wild werewolf is so beautiful every time I see him." I said
"Stop it," he said and stared at my belly.
"Why Derek? Is it bad that I love you?"

"You don't know what you are saying. We can't talk about that now." Derek said.

"So why did you come today? You knew that I would probably be in a bar, drinking and trying to forget all of my pain. Why did you become furious?" I asked him.

He stayed silent for two seconds.
"I knew that you were with him. I wanted to talk to you about us but you were hanging out with Ralph. Is that how you love me?"
I looked at him frustrated.

".......I didn't know that Ralph was going to flirt with me okay? I've spent all of my tears for you and you say that I don't love you?"
Then I put my hands to his face and I came closer to him.
"Maybe you are the one who doesn't love me, Derek......"
"You seriously thought that? The night that you told me your story, I felt all of your pain, you came in my dreams and I regretted every single time that I wanted to use you or turn you into a werewolf. When you got that accident, I was afraid that I would lose you!" he yelled at me
I was looking at him surprised.
"I have my own past Sylvie. I am a monster but when I am with you, I feel like I have a heart!"
"So what are you asking from me, Derek?"
"Forgiveness...."

I looked at him and felt so blissful. I caressed his cheek and then I kissed him with passion. He hugged me and after a while, I fell asleep in his arms.

When I opened my eyes I almost got blind from the sunlight. Derek was sitting next to me and staring at me. I looked at him and smiled.
"This is kind of creepy, you know that don't you?"I asked him
"Yes, I do."
"Then why are you doing that?"
"Because I want to," he said
I felt that it was the perfect time to discuss about us.....I want to tell him how exactly I feel.

"Listen Derek. I remember everything I told you yesterday and I didn't regret a word. I'm sorry for confusing you like that. But there is something else that you don't know."
He looked at me and he seemed very impatient for my answer.

"The night I was at the hospital. Eric came and threatened me. He told me that he saw you coming into my room from my window. That's why I wanted you to stay out of it. I did it because I love you Derek! I would feel so guilty if something would happen to you because of me." I said.
He stayed silent for a while.

"Did my past make you hate me more?" I asked him

This question was one of the most important questions I wanted to ask him!

"Your past made me love you more......."He said with a low-pitched voice
"What?"
"If I were you, I would do the same. I know how it feels to run away from everyone, trying to survive and having all that reticence. You are still the girl who cares about me, Sylvie. And I love that. I am the one who should've apologized. I did it yesterday and I will do it whenever you want." he told me
I hugged him and kissed him. I felt warm and safe with him again. He is my heal of my whole pain.

"Every time I think of you I end up thinking that you are very special to me. Sometimes I feel that I am being a lot more emotional than I am used to, but I know why I trust you and care about you."Derek told me
"What makes you believe that?"I asked him with curiosity.

"The fact that you never asked me to turn you into a werewolf."
"It's because I don't want to. I want to rely on my strength."
Then he smiled.
God! How much I've missed this smile. It makes me melt inside!
"You didn't expect that answer, did you?" I asked
"I did! That's why I love you," he told me.

We had a passionate kiss and then I came above him and I touched his lips.
"Now that we are done with our apologies and our erotic confessions, we have to be focused on our safety," I told him
"Yeah, we need to meet the others. We have enemies and they are really strong. I don't know what they are up to." Derek said
"Yeah.....about that...I think I do know something useful."I said
"What?"
"I will call the others to meet us here in my house. I have a message."