Chapter 32

Sylvie

As night fell, the narrow streets seemed more remote and scarier. But when I'm with Derek, nothing prevents me from being safe with him.

"You should stay away from your sister for a while. It's suspicious the fact that her best friend is a werewolf hunter." Derek said

"I won't let her destroy me! I don't care if she finds out about who I love." I said.

Then Derek looked at me and smiled.
"I want to go home. I need some time to clear things up because we have a lot of enemies. The alpha twins, Eric and Daniel, Isabel and Nancy."

"Yeah...."Derek said but he looked skeptical.
"What is it?" I asked him
Suddenly his gaze became darker.
"If it wasn't you, I would've ripped their throats out without a second thought," he said.

I didn't say anything. There are so many times that I imagined, killing Eric with my own hands. But I don't want to do that again to someone. Not even to Eric. I can't take someone's life again.
When I got at home, I took a shower and then I did some housework. I cooked some pasta while I was watching a movie. I must do normal things when I am alone, otherwise I will go crazy.

Anthi
Peter stopped his car in front of my house then we both stayed silent.
"How are you feeling?" he asked me
"I feel still anxious, afraid, insecure," I said
"I don't want to see you like that!"Peter said and gave a blank stare at the steering wheel, melancholic.

"Believe it or not, I can't do anything about that. It's my life now, I have to accept, living like this." I said while I was looking at the stars through the car's window. It was a moonlit night.
"What can I do for you to make you happy? Just for a moment!"
I found a little funny his question.
"Maybe, buy me a present."
"A present?" he said and he smiled at me.
"Yeah, why not? Presents make me happy." I said and I smiled back
"I will have that in my mind!" he said with a cute smile

He can be so cute even though he is a werewolf. He is being nice to me. But this thing between us has to stop.

"Listen, Peter, I don't want you to......feel like this......It's not right."
"Why are you saying that?" He asked me
"Because I never agreed with Sylvie's relationship with Derek, so I don't find it right with this too. We can't be together." I said

"You are not with me because I'm a werewolf?"He asked me
"Isn't that enough? Also, I'm younger than you. I could be your daughter!" I said
"You are an adult! It's not illegal!" Peter said and he was looking at his steering wheel.
"It doesn't matter. I still don't want this."
"Answer to my last question. Do you have feelings about me?"
I couldn't articulate a word. It all happened so soon and abruptly. It doesn't matter how I feel about Peter. He is a werewolf, a monster. Sylvie can't see it clearly because Derek is influencing her. Peter flatters me and I've thought about him erotically, the nights I couldn't sleep. That was my mistake.

"I can't answer that Peter," I said and I opened his car door
Then he pulled me by the wrist and kissed my lips. I didn't resist, I just stayed motionless and felt the kiss. When I stood off him, I looked at him in astonishment.

"You Hale family are trying to make us fall in love with you," I said
"I don't know about me, but Derek succeeded in that. Sylvie loves him."
"Are you expecting me to love you?" I asked him
"No, I just want you to let me show you that you are safe with me!" Peter said
"Just give me some time. Please." I said.
"Okay, but I want you to know that I won't let anything happen to you," he said and he held my hand.

"Derek shouldn't hate you. You two behave in the same way." I said and got out of his car.
He got out too and he followed me.
"I should wait for you till you get in your house. That's what gentlemen do!" he said.