Chapter 34

Sylvie

"Sylvie? Can you hear me?" I heard Derek's voice and felt his hands on my shoulders trying to wake me up.
"She is in shock!" I heard Anthi's voice.
I groaned but couldn't talk or move.
"What happened?" Derek asked
"Eric broke into here and he locked me in my room. but he left the key on the padlock. I was shouting and trying to break my room's door. I could hear Sylvie's screams but I don't know what he did to her!"
I tried to stand up.
"How are you feeling?" Derek asked me with a worried look.
"I feel like I'm still shaking," I said
Then I realized that Derek was holding my hand. I looked at his big green eyes and then I tried to talk.
"Derek........" I said but I started crying
He hugged me and then I burst into tears. I had a sore throat because of my screams and my voice sounded different.
"Tell me what he did to you!" Derek said
"Eric came here and started beating me and I got so scared because I thought that he was going to rape me! But then he threatened me about Isabel. The worst thing is that I took this knife and tried to kill him. But he was stronger and he punched me in my face hard. He said that he would haunt everyone that I love if he found out that Isabel was playing with him. But I'm so scared of him Derek!" I said while I was sobbing.
Suddenly Derek's eyes turned red. His gaze became wild.
"Your eyes......." I said
"It's because of the anger I'm feeling right now," he said
"I can't believe that I tried to kill him. I didn't want to have that feeling again. This desire of wanting to kill him with my own hands, feeling enraged and thinking that this is everyone's fault, all of these are making me dangerous. And I don't want to be like this!" I said.
"Listen, you need to get used to that. It's the only way for you to save yourself." Derek said
"No, I can't. I don't feel that it's me!"
"You should be thankful for calling me after that."
"Why do you say that?" I asked him
"Because If I was in that room the moment he was beating you and threatening you, I would've killed him without a second thought," he said and his wild gaze became more intense.

Anthi
I left Sylvie and Derek talking in Sylvie's room. I looked at myself in the mirror and I realized that I still looked frightened. I can't believe that Eric locked me in my bedroom. I've never seen Sylvie that scared before. Poor Sylvie. Her life is a nightmare and so is mine. My skin was pale and my hair had those messy curls.
Suddenly I heard someone kicking my door and I screamed. Lucky for me, it was Peter.
"DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!" I shouted at him but he was surprised by my unexpected anger.
"I'm sorry but when I heard Derek, saying that something happened to Sylvie in here, I came here as fast as I could! I almost ran over two drunk guys," he said
He seemed like someone in a big hurry because he was sweating.
"How did you get in? How can everyone break into my house like that?"
"I found the door unlocked so that's how I got in. I'm sorry for carrying about you!" Peter said, frustrated.
Then I looked at him surprised and I sat on my bed.
He came next to me.
"What happened?" he asked me.
I told him about Eric.
"This asshole locked me in my room and the funny thing is that I have no idea how he broke into my house!"
"I have!" Peter said.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean that I saw the kitchen's window open. Maybe he knows how to break into houses."
"This blond bitch. He is dangerous!" I said.
"You need to be more careful," Peter said
I took a big breath and I was relieved of all my anxiety.
"It is easy for you to say that. You are a werewolf so you can't understand me."
"I can understand you more than anyone else! That's why I'm going to ask you a risky question."
I waited for his answer and my palms were touching my knees.
"Do you want to come and stay with me?"
"What? Are you serious?"
"Yes, I am. You will be more safe with me," he said.
"I can't......do that," I said hesitantly
"Think about it. You won't have all of this anxiety about what will happen next! You know how I feel about you and I want you to be happy and safe."
"Well I can agree that I can have my safety with you but I won't be happy that soon, after all of these," I said and I looked at his small blue eyes.
"Maybe I can make you smile again!" Peter said
"I'm not sure about that!"
"What If I told you that I'll give you presents."
"Presents?"
"Yes. They make you happy aren't they?" he asked me.
"Sometimes, being with someone who makes you feel loved in his way, is the best present you could ever have."
"Then give me the chance and I'll give you your best present."