Chapter 26 (The flashback)

Warning: This chapter contains rape references and blood.

«Two years ago I was living in Greece with my parents and my sister Isabel. I had a normal life back then, school, homework, and walking with my friends. Isabel is six years older than me so when I was sixteen, she was twenty-two.

Our parents found out that Isabel's boyfriend was Daniel Irvin, a twenty-four-year-old drug dealer who is known for his intractable character and they forced her to break up with him.

Isabel was also against our parents, she used to do the opposite of what they were imposing on her. So one day the police came to our house and arrested our father for robbery. Isabel was very deceitful, she knew how to accuse anyone except herself. Neighbors also told us that Isabel and Daniel were taking drugs and driving drunk in the town.

Our father couldn't handle it. I still remember his argument with Isabel.
"You are going to break up with this dick and you will never see him again! You destroyed everything! I have an honor here and you have to respect me! Your father is an army officer!" our father was shouting at Isabel.

"I can't leave him! Not now!" Isabel yelled dramatically.

"Then prepare yourself to say goodbye to me and your sister! I don't want you here! Go to your boyfriend's house! But I'm sure that he won't conserve you!" he said.
"Okay. I will try to break up with him but it's not simple." Isabel said upset.

For a short period she was confused. I was watching her and she seemed lost and afraid of something.
One day, I took the risk and went to talk to her.

"Isabel? I'm sorry for disturbing you but, I want to know if there is something that I can do to help you. I don't want to see you like that." I said

I loved my sister I admired her because she was studying law and she was perfect at it.

"Oh Sylvie, things are worse now and it's my fault," she said and hugged me. She was crying and I wasn't used to seeing her like that.

I knew she had a plan. Me and Isabel are different characters. She is more secretive and cunning.

The tragedy happened the night that Isabel was about to break up with Daniel. We were walking outside the town and I could still remember my foolishness about that meeting.

"Where are we going? Why am I here? You should tell me, Isabel!"

"Listen Sylvie. Whatever happens to that warehouse, remember that this was the best choice for you to be here with me today!" Isabel said with tears in her eyes.

"Wait, what will happen there? Isabel, what are you hiding from me?"

She stopped abruptly. Then she pushed me back.

"Daniel is here. Hide yourself. I don't want him to see you. I will go in there and clarify to him my decision. Whatever happens, do not panic!" she said and got into the warehouse.

I knew that something really bad happened so I went next to the door and tried to hear their conversation. Their voices were loud so it was easy.

"And why are you breaking up with me?" Daniel asked
"Don't you see what's happening? My father would kick me out of my house."

"So what? It's our opportunity to leave this place and go somewhere else." Daniel said.

"You don't understand. I can't be with you anymore. I'm not myself when I am with you."Isabel said
"So now you're blaming me for your fucking choices? Trust me Isabel and let's leave together!"

"No, I can't leave Sylvie alone!"

"Don't worry about Sylvie. You know how much my brother Eric is in love with her. He will marry her and give her a happy life."