Chapter 7

Solomon's P.O.V.

       "Eat it now!" The man who's hair was glowing blue in the darkness of what seemed to be night, who was called Nathanyel, said darkly. Am I hallucinating or something? Am I high? Probably...

       A shiver runs down my spine at his gaze and I force myself to scoop some of the goop, at least from what I sees from the limited light of the campfire, like substance on the large leaf, with my uninjured arm. Whatever the the stuff was, didn't really look like it was edible... Is that a beetle? Should I just throw the stuff and run for it?

       Looking once again at my... saviour, the shadows on his face darkening due to his hair, and seeing his the dark smile on his face, I gulp and slowly come to a decision.  I slowly bring the slob to my mouth, and praying to whatever gods are out there, shove it quickly into mouth and clamp it shut with my hands.

        The moment it hits my tongue, my stomach instantly rebels. I try swallow it quickly but it's as if the food was fighting to crawl up my throat and get back out of my mouth. You know what, fuck it. I spit out the monstrosity and see it crawl away. Oh my gods... It was actually alive. Seeing it crawl was the last straw before I was throwing the contents of my stomach.

          It seemed to last forever, but was probably only couple of minutes. The scary, weird cook was in front of me, shouting something I couldn't understand, my brain barely registering it. It felt as if my whole being was in disarray, the only I can hear was my thudding heart and the only thing I could feel was my burning throat.

          After sometime, something cool slides down my throat and I ended up guzzling a lot of it. The burning subsides and it all became black. The next thing I come to was Nathanyel softly pats my face. Nathanyel had bags under his eyes, and was frowning at me, yet somehow looked relieved... How long has it been?

           I slowly took in the surrounding area, taking in the small streams of sunlight that had scattered across a small clearing, somehow different from last time, with a stomped out fire in the middle with the retched cooking pot that caused my episode. However that was not the most interesting thing I noticed, nor was it that my shirt had gone completely missing, my previously injured shoulder perfectly fine. Something was wrong with this place but I couldn't put my finger on it when it hit me.

            The forest. The previously luscious greenery were now a lifeless charcoal black. No tweets or chirps come from the area. It was just them there.

             What happened here? And how did it happen?

~~~~~~~~~~~************~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: This chapter took a little long (its 500+ words :)) so I hope you guys enjoy this. We also have 49 views on the Wisp series. \\(♡•♡)// I'm so proud. udjsbdhdhjsvssgdjsnsskdkaldbsopabdhdusjsebhd XD
Have a nice day! =D

Date: May 23, 2020