Chapter 21

here's chapter 21!! :O Hope you like it and pretty please- comment and tell me what you think! Good or bad..but good preferably..hahahaha.. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty One

“Ruler.” Galen got to his knees and bowed slightly. The rest of them, however, did not. Alec groaned and took another sip of water.

“Eragon, what are you doing here?” Sephy asked him. She could see the unmasked anger in his eyes as he glared at Gage. Gage, bravely, glared back at him. They all stood still, waiting for him to say something. Do something.

“You all realise what you have commited here.” Eragon assumed. A few of them exchanged unsure glances. “Suicide.” He whispered. Still, no one spoke. All of the cards were in Eragon's hands now. They couldn't do anything about it. Catching them red handed was something none of them could deny.

“Eragon-”

“Ruler, to you, Welker.” Eragon warned. He nodded slowly, looking around at the others.

“Ruler, this was my idea. You can't-”

“Can't is not a word used commonly with me, Gage. I am Ruler of Bowland; I can do what I like. And right now, I would like to have all of your heads!” Gage put his hands up.

“No! Ruler, everything here, is on me. They all just helped me after I begged them to. They don't know anything.” Eragon smiled.

“Oh, so you single handedly brought back two dead men? Well..one and a half.” Eragon's eyes landed on Andrew's hooked up body.

“Yes. I did.” The lie was obvious, but Eragon didn't seem to mind having Gage take the heat. Sephy, however, had a different motion.

“Fine, take Gage Welker. The rest can stay here, for now. Faith, come along, your mother will have to babysit you.” Sephy grabbed a hold of Gage's arm.

“Let go.” Gage demanded.

“Eragon, it wasn't just him! I was a part of it too!” Eragon raised an eyebrow, an amused tint to his smirk.

“Do you think that owning up will get you brownie points, Persephone?” Eragon asked her, turning back. “You mustn't try to be the hero. I may have believed that you were indisposable when you first entered, but it's not you that the public want. You are no longer the sweetheart of this Tournament, so stop diluding yourself. You are most definatly forgettable.” Gage looked at Sephy from the corner of his eye, flickering down to her hand. She slowly retreated, placing her hand at her side.

“Now, has anyone else got anything to say about it?” Eragon asked them, stepping over and yanking Faith by her wrist. She whimpered slightly, he head hung low. Nobody spoke for a brief moment. When Eragon nodded to his guards, they entered the room, two taking hold of Gage's arms and another two going over to where Andrew lay. Alec went to stand but wasn't quick enough. The guards ripped the wires from Andrew's chest and pulled the machines from the walls. They all stood, watching as they smashed the equipment on the ground.

“Now, this time he will hopefully stay dead.” Eragon's sadistic eyes swerved over to Joshua, sizing him up and down. He grimiced.

“You can't do this!” Sephy yelled at Eragon, frustrated and angry. A teasing smile played across his lips.

“Oh, just watch me.” Once the machine was in a hundred pieces on the ground, they began hauling Gage out of the room. Galen and Alec both rushed to Andrew's bed, checking pulses and his breathing patterns.