Chapter 11: Her Sighs

• Dedicated to all my lovely readers!

"No matter how sure you are of someones appreciation and admiration, its always nice to be reminded of it." - Melchor Lim

Sadly, the amount of comments nor the amount of votes that I asked for last chapter wasn't meant, and I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest, but oh well. I can't really wait to post yet another chapter for this as I want to complete this story as soon as possible, so I'll just post chapters again continiously, though I'm post the next chapter as it's already past my bed time here in my country. >.<

Enjoy the update for now though, and please do comment. I really want to know your thoughts. Thank you for reading!

* * * * *

Annie blinked a few times wondering why Luke was there. "What are you doing here, Luke?" She blurted out the question that bugged her for a minute. She registered the boy that was standing in front of her. He was wearing casual clothes that sported summer really well. He wore  a simple jeans that was matched with a simple, white shirt. He was also holding a lieges, which held three adorable dogs. Annie thought that they were cute.

Luke chuckled upon hearing her blunt question, though he felt happy when he realized that she remembered his name. "I'm visiting my friend's house tonight, together with my other two friends. They just bought ice cream somewhere, I think?" His statement came out like a question.

Annie raised an eyebrow but didn't reply. The cute expression on his face as he asked his last statement had forced her into one of her most loathed memories. Why? Because in that memory, a certain boy was within it, one that was also known as Kaiden, who was also known as Annie's ex-best friend – the boy who was sucking faces with a blonde girl on the very first day of classes. Oh joy, right?

* * *

/Flashback/

“I’ll be back, Kaiden! I just have to go to the bathroom!” Annie called as she got up and patted Kaiden on the head as if he was a dog, which gained her a scowl in return. They both decided to have an emergency movie night that time, seeing how it would be their second year of being best friends that day. Their movie night was supposedly scheduled for the next day, but since it was indeed their BFF anniversary, they decided to watch a movie a day earlier, which they both agreed at. They had been watching half of The Hunger Games movie when Annie felt like she was going to pee any moment soon.

“I just want to let you know that I have no plans of pausing the movie, so hurry your ass up here, okay?” Kaiden hollered, smirking.

Annie poked her head at the bathroom door, scowling in return at her best friend as she tried to suppress the urge to pee. “Whatever, Kaiden. Whatever floats your boat,” she rolled her eyes as she retorted, and slammed the door with a loud back afterwards as she poked her head back, the urge of peeing becoming stronger by the second.

When she went back to sit back on the living room’s sofa, she realized that Kaiden had paused the movie. Seeing how he was too busy fiddling with his phone, she quickly pecked his cheek, thankful that the living room was dark enough for the movie, so he was unable to see her reddened cheeks.

“What was that for?” Kaiden asked, palming the spot that his best friend pecked.

“Nothing,” Annie mumbled, “I’m just thankful that you paused the movie for me.” She grinned sheepishly as she pinched Kaiden’ cheeks.