Chapter 16: Her Blush

"I don't think that you can fake warmth. You can fake lust, jealousy, anger; those are all quite easy. But actual, genuine warmth? I don't think you can fake it." - Keira Knightley

*** *** ***

Annie was at the park today, with a coffee at her hand. She was sitting at the swing, watching the different families mingle with each other. Today was a Sunday so there's no classes. She decided to clear her mind and spend her afternoon here since her brother went to the mall with Calum to shop for new clothes. "Hey. This is the third time I meet you here." Luke greeted her while sitting down on the other swing.

"Hi. And yeah. My brother left me alone so, I figured I'd hang around here for a while. Didn't expect you to be here though." She replied.

Luke chuckled all of a sudden, taking her off guard, "I remembered the first time I talked to you. You weren't even this responsive to me back then. I'm happy that you're more open now though. I didn't expect to have fun talking to you."

She scowled and put on a derp face.

He bursted out laughing, "Don't do that face! You look like your brother."

She rolled her eyes at him. When he finally calmed down she asked with a pokerface, "So, what brings you here Mr. Hemmings?"

"Yeah, well, I was bored… and I thought you'd be here." he stared at her for a while. Annie seemed hypnotized with his beautiful eyes but she shook her head and turned her eyes elsewhere.

"Y-yeah whatever." she stuttered.

A moment of silence passed by.

"So how are you feeling?" he asked. Annie looked at him in confusion so he continued, "You know... after letting out your feelings when you told us your past."

She shrugged, "I'm not really sure, but I think I'm in the process of moving on. I mean, I'm not really affected like it was before. When I see him and Brittany kissing at the room or at the hallway, I don't feel jealous anymore, just disgusted. He wasn't like that at the past you know. It's really just disappointing."

"Yeah. He doesn't hang out with 5SOS anymore these days too since he and you brother fought. Harry had been talking to him though since he's the closest to Kaiden."

"I feel really guilty though, since they fought because of me. I don't like it when Mike gets mad. I prefer him going crazy and happy all the time although it's irritating," she pouted unknowingly.

"I'm really surprised though. I assumed you'd be down after you told us your past, you know? I didn't expect the ice princess to be this cute," he said while pinching Annie's cheeks. She blushed a deep shade of red and swatted Luke's hands away. She stuck her tongue out at him.

Luke chuckled, flashing her a wink as he said, "You can call me Lukey by the way, if you like. You should feel priviledged since I only let my close friends call me that."

"Lukey, huh?"

She raised her eyebrows at him, "Cocky much?"

This time Luke was the one who stuck her tongue out. The two of them hung out the park for two hours before Luke walked her home at their apartment and left. During those two hours, they became close as they shared random stories and jokes. It was definitely sure that the ice surrounding her was slowly melting since she met 5SOS.

Two months had passed and it was already November. 5SOS and Annie got closer, well except Kaiden. The boys hung out with Annie every week and Annie liked it. She missed the feeling of being surrounded by friends. Annie and Luke hanged out at the park almost every day. You can say that she's closest to Luke among the boys, apart from her brother, of course. Clara too got closer to 5SOS as well, especially to Louis; too close if you ask me that Zayn gets jealous sometimes since he doesn't hang out with Louis that often anymore. Apparently, Zayn and Louis had a pairing, much to Annie's surprise.

The exams are coming and Annie was super busy with studying that she denied 5SOS's request of going at the club tonight. The boys have already dressed and was ready to go. "Guys, I'm busy. Go bother someone else," she shooed them off.

"Annie, please come with us~ Clara won't come if you're not coming~" Louis pouted at her with matching puppy eyes.

Annie raised his eyebrows, "Since when am I you're noona? Last time I checked, you're two months older than me."

Louis pouted more and turned to Zayn, "Zaynie-pie, she's bullying me!" Zayn playfully glared at me while hugging Louis protectively. His face brightened up as he thought of something. He whispered something in Harry's ears and Harry immediately perked up.

"Oh, hell no." she muttered and turned away from Harry.

"Annie-ah~" Harry cooed. The rest of the boys closed their eyes and stuck their fingers on their ears so they won't hear anything.

She was about to do the same thing but she was too late since Harry is already in front of her.

"Aiiing~~ Aiiing~~" he did his infamous cute face a couple of times.

"Must not give in. Must not give in. Must not give in. Must give in. Ugh" she internally fought with herself. "Shit! His skills are improving."

"Ok! Fine! Just stop it!" she finally surrendered, flailing her arms as she did.

Hurry hugged her and bounced up and down, cheering. "Yay! Liam! Liam! She said yes! She said yes!"

"Thank you so much Annie! I'll call Clara now!" he briefly pulled her for a hug and escaped before Mike releases his wrath. The rest of 5SOS grinned at her and went out her room.

"See you later munchkin~", Niall cooed.

"We'll be waiting downstairs, ok?" Liam announced. The rest of the boys got out of the room so Annie can prepare.

"Dress sexily, babe!" Luke whispered in her ear.

"Luke Hemmings! Stop harrasing my sister." Mike wacked the back of his head while glaring daggers at Luke..

"Ouch, Mike! That hurt! I thought you were my fan! You good for nothing crazy! Get away from me!" he dramatically said and left Annie's room.

Mike sighed contently, "Annie, dress quickly okay? We'll be waiting at the living room."

When she was finally along, she sighed and closed the book she was supposed to be studying right now. She silently cursed Harry's aegyo and went to her walk-in closet. She browsed the different dresses she owned and her eyes fixed on a tight gold dress. She decided to go with it and paired the dress with the new heels she had bought and left her hair in a wavy flow. The dress complemented her curves and made her look stunning. She put only light make-up and grabbed her purse, putting only necessary things on it like her phone and wallet.

She looked at the mirror finally and admired the lady she saw. She admits that she looked stunning herself. She exited her room and went to the living room. "I'm ready." The boys looked at her and their jaws dropped, literally. Their eyes went instantly wide and stared at her as Mike noticed.

"Ya! Stop perving on my sister!" He warned.

"You look beautiful, A!” Harry complimented.

"Thanks. You better tell the others to shut their mouths thought before flies gets in," she smirked. The rest of the boys automatically shut their mouths and stood up the sofa. They all excited the apartment and went to the van.

"Did I already tell you that you look absolutely beautiful tonight?" Luke said as he walked beside her.

She only rolled her eyes, "I bet you say that to all the girls you see in dresses."

Luke's eyes turned to slits, "No. You know you're the only girl in my life right? Well, except for my mom and my older sister."

She blushed a deep shade or red and mumbled a 'Whatever.’ They arrived at the van and Luke opened the door for her, "Ladies first." She rolled her eyes but got in nonetheless. Luke sat beside her at the van together with the others driving at the front. The rest of the boys piled up at the other van. They picked Clara at her house and went to the club.

*** *** ***

Another update for today! Enjoy~