24

I sat in the sick-room staring out the window for what felt like an eternity. I was alone, even Yoongi didn't need much persuading for him to go to his own room and rest. Namjoon would come once a day to check on my gunshot wound. I wasn't sure if I was getting better or not, I felt empty and numb ever since I understood that the boy's trust in me was beginning to fade.

Sure, they would visit me occasionally, but they wouldn't stay for longer than a couple of minutes, except for Jimin who would constantly try to cheer me up. He had helped me get out of the stupid dress I was wearing and got me into a t-shirt that was so big it fit me like a nightgown. I didn't care that he saw me naked, I didn't care for much anymore. I only wanted to gain their trust back.

It was raining for the third day in a row. Rain usually had a way of putting me in a great mood, even the sound of thunder never scared me, but now it seemed like it was mocking me.

'All the time you spent training just for you to get kidnapped? What a shame' Thunder seemed to say. 'You want them to trust you after all the bullshit they heard you say? Wow, you must be really dumb'

I would have screamed or cried or even slept, but I had no energy left to do anything except stare out the window. It's already been three days since the accident and I only felt worse and worse till I couldn't feel anything anymore.

I began to wonder what would happen if the boys never could trust me again. They became like family to me so quickly it was hard to imagine my life without them. Since I moved out of my apartment and my main source of income, selling for Seong, was definitely cut off, I would be completely broke and would have no place to go to except for my mom's house.

I could never go back to living with my mom. I loved her with all my heart, but ever since my dad's death we could never get along. Our fights were constant and it seemed like she blamed me for his death. I now know that Seong killed him, but I still didn't know why was I to blame.

"Hey", Yoongi's voice came from behind me and I slowly turned to face him. "How are you?"

I tried to remember when was the last time I saw him but these past days were too similar for me to differentiate from each other, I couldn't tell.

"Hi", I said as he walked to stand next to me.

I wanted to hold him and talk to him and make things go back to the way they were when we were in the farm. Instead, our conversations were short and awkward. A part of me regretted telling him that I loved him, I felt like I scared him away, but the silly, optimistic part of me heard him whisper that he loved me as well. I was still thankful that he came to see me either way.

"Are you in pain?" he asked and I simply shook my head. It wasn't a lie if I couldn't really feel anything, was it? "You're a strong one then"

His smile brought a little warmth to my heart and I felt a faint smile appear on my own face. I stretched out my hand with the little courage I had left and he gladly took it.

"Don't worry", he said as if he was reading my thoughts. "everyone's just trying to give you a little space to heal and rest, no one is mad at you"

"Are you..." I hesitated. How is that the first thing he tells me? "For real?"

"For real", he promised and squeezed my hand. As if to prove Yoongi's promise, Hoseok entered the room with a wide grin on his face and a pair of medical crutches in his hands.

"Hello", his smile seemed to grow even bigger and for a moment it filled the entire room with warmth, completely overpowering the sadness the rain brought tonight. "I know you're not supposed to use your injured leg so I got you these to help you walk around and get out of this depressing place"