19 - Boys All Around

The One Where You Go On Patrol

You woke up to your alarm, feeling extremely refreshed. The first thing you did was check for your shirt. There it was, being completely worn by you. The bandages that once wrapped around you were long gone. You sprung out of bed without feeling a single bit of pain.

So it really worked...

Your face heated up, and you placed your hand over your mouth. How were you supposed to feel about that? He kissed you for so long only because it would help you heal faster, but that didn't make you any less embarrassed. That was your last memory because you passed out the moment he pulled away.

You checked the time. 6:01. You dressed yourself in decent clothes and left your room. Then, you stood in the hallway. You still hadn't learned its twists and turns.

The kitchen is... left? Going with your guess, you went left. You remembered the when you got lost during the Sports Festival. You had run into Bakugo and Shoto. It had been a day since you had seen your hotheaded classmate – you were enjoying his absence, what with his excessive bullying. On the other hand, you missed Shoto.

And so you called him. Just like last time, he picked up before the first ring rung.

"(Y/n)? Why are you calling this early? Did something happen?"

You laughed lightly, walking down the hall and speaking as quietly as you could. "No, I just wanted to talk to you."

He took his time before responding. "Oh. Well, how are you?"

You hummed in thought. "It was pretty cool – what happened, I mean. I fell on a bunch of broken glass last night and my back was super messed up."

"What!? Are you okay?"

"I mean. Yeah. I am perfectly fine. Now, that is." You hoped that he wouldn't wonder how you became 'perfectly fine' in such a short amount of time.

"How did you become perfectly fine in such a short amount of time?"

You froze. "Well uh- I- it wasn't that bad anyways," you lied.

"Is (y/n) talking to Shoto?" A voice came from behind you. "Van wants to meet him!"

"Is someone else there?"

You lowered yourself to be at the same level as Van and put Shoto on speaker. "Yeah. She's Wo- she is Profe Gun's kid."

"Shoto! Shoto! Shoto! Shoto is so lucky to be (y/n)'s friend!" Van grabbed your phone and practically yelled at him.

He hesitated. "Yes, I am. How do you know my name?"

"Yesterday when (y/n) was passed out! Van saw her phone! Twenty missed calls from Shoto!" She jumped up and down, as if trying to make as much noise as possible.

"(Y/n) passed out?"

"Yes. So much glass in her back!"

"How much?"

You tried to interject, realizing that your lie would soon be exposed at the rate things were going. "It wasn't that mu-"

"ONE HUNDRED!" Van squealed. "(Y/n)'s back! Like raw, torn meat!"

You facepalmed. I'll just... die now...

The day's events had distracted you from thinking too hard about what happened. However, you were now on the train heading to Hosu, and you had plenty time to regret letting Van talk to Shoto. Knowing your friend, he would not let that drop. You already had quite a few texts from him that you decided to deal with later.