22 - Unlike Always

The One Where... This Chapter Has a Lot of Dialogue

"Thank you for everything. I look forward to seeing you both again." You politely bowed. It was six in the morning, and you stood outside of Wook's small-appearing house. It was time for your departure.

"Yes. It is a shame that we could not work on your quirk more, but we will have plenty time for that later," he said. His hand rested on Van's shoulder. "And remember what I said..." He looked at you expectantly, waiting for you to finish.

You recited what he had drilled into your brain the night before and that morning. "Profe Gun is quirkless, but very talented with a gun and other weapons."

"How old am I?"

"Thirty."

"How old is my daughter?"

"Four."

"Where is my wife?"

"Overseas for her work."

"Very good." He patted your head, and you winced inside. What were you? – some pet?

You left for the train station.

You groaned internally, sending as many telepathic messages to the boy beside you that you had no interest in talking to him. Unfortunately, none of them worked. He even had the nerve to sit right next to you once inside the train.

"It sucks that we couldn't stay longer, but I learned a lot during my internship!" Sato exclaimed, pumping his fist. "How was yours?"

On the other hand... this would be a good opportunity to practice lying. You faked a smile and laughed. "It was alright. Profe Gun was kind, and he also helped me with my quirk, despite the little time we had." He opened his mouth to keep the conversation going, but you cut in. "It is a shame. What happened with Iida, I mean."

You did well in silencing Sato.

A week passed in a flash, and before you knew it, you were walking into your class. Because you were ten minutes early rather than twenty, you expected to see Iida in his seat, back erect in the uncomfortable way he maintained his posture. However, you stood alone in the room.

I'm such an idiot. It wouldn't have hurt to put aside your petty feelings and be friendly with him. Of course, it was too late now. The regret ate you inside out.

You were soon joined by Shoto. The sound of his walking clicked behind you like a booming metronome. "It's nice to see you," he said. You were going to spend your time off from school with him, but Endeavour had insisted on continuing Shoto's internship. It was expected, so you couldn't bring yourself to feel too upset about it.

You turned to look at him. "You too. It's nice to finally see you in person." You smiled warmly, only to notice that he was not making eye contact with you. His stare was a bit lower than your eyes; it was right around your lips.

He had seen you in person exactly one time during the internships, but you still did not know about that. The last time he had seen you was when you were getting your face sucked off by 'Profe Gun.' Part of his quirk? Yeah, right.

Shoot, is something on my face? "Is there... something on my mouth?" You pointed at your mouth as you asked.

"Have you ever kissed someone?"