Chapter 11

David’s POV

For the rest of the day, I found myself restless and unable to concentrate on anything.

My mind kept fleeting back to our kiss earlier. I could remember the way her lips felt against mine, the way she moaned in my arms... just thinking about it made me hard.

I groaned to myself in frustration. No matter how much I tried to evade such thoughts, it proved futile.

I couldn’t help but wonder what Emma was doing at home now.

Was she sleeping? I hope she was resting because she could barely stay still for a moment.

I remembered how she was always up and doing stuff around the house, especially during the weekends.

She would either bake or cook up a storm when the staff weren’t around.

The aroma of her food would waft around the house and it would make me incredibly hungry.

Since we weren’t exactly on good terms, I would opt for leftovers or food delivery instead.

However, she would try to tempt me to eat her food by chewing loudly and smacking her lips in satisfaction. Instead of giving into her, I always pretended to ignore her.

Though I despised her, having her around the house was oddly entertaining but also comforting, even if I hated to admit it to myself.

“Is this necessary…I mean I think we don’t need to invest much in this area. What do you think, David?”, one of my business partners, Mr Ryan, snapped me out of reverie.

“What?”, I blinked rapidly, completely lost about what was going on in the meeting.

“Ummm, we were talking about the investment?”, he replied and everyone in the meeting stared at me incredulously.

Dammit!

“Right…”, I sat up straight and ran my hand through my hair, annoyed that I allowed myself to be distracted.

“David, shall we postpone this meeting? You look…preoccupied.”, he suggested, sensing my exasperation.

I nodded solemnly and excused myself from the meeting room.

What the hell was wrong with me?!
Why couldn’t I stop thinking about Emma? 

I knew what I had to do to get some peace of mind...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I reached home, it was already late noon and the staff had already left.

There was no sign of Emma anywhere in the living area or in the kitchen.

I walked in the direction of my room but I couldn’t resist the urge to check on Emma.

Her room was located on the second floor of the penthouse. I had insisted that she stay in that room, so that we minimized our contact with each other as much as possible.

I walked up the stairs and when I reached her room, the door was slightly ajar.

I pushed it open as slowly and quietly as I could and found Emma sleeping soundly in her bed.