Chapter 13

Emma's POV

"Where are we going?", I whined impatiently.

Harish was silent for most of the ride and would occasionally glance at me with a smirk on his face.

"Are you going to murder and bury me somewhere for what I did this afternoon? I can sense that you are still mad with me.", I crossed my arms and pouted at him playfully.

"Yeah, possibly.", he rolled his eyes at me.

"But, seriously are you still upset over what happened? I didn't mean to...", I hesitated to continue when I noticed Harish's hand gripping onto the steering wheel tightly.

"You should have waited before you made a move...now he will think you're easy.", his mood soured almost instantly.

"I made a move?!", I half-screamed at him, shocked by his words.

"Yeah, seemed like it.", he didn't even bother to look at me as he spoke.

"Are you actually kidding me? Is that what you think I did? I'm not some sl*t to throw myself over him. I'm not that desperate either. Also, if I wanted to, I would have slept with him a long time ago.", I shouted at him, insulted by his words.

"Yes! I saw how engrossed you were in his kiss. It didn't look like you were forced into it.", he glared at me.

"How dare you! Is that why you asked me to meet you? He was the one who kissed me first. And you know what, I did enjoy kissing me him because for once, it felt good to be wanted.", I croaked as tears pooled in my eyes and blurred my vision. I couldn't control myself. My tears fell unrestrained and I reached for the hem of my shirt to dab on my tears.

"Don't cry...Emma...I didn't mean to hurt you. It just seemed that way. You can't blame me for telling what I saw.", I refused to look in his direction but I could hear the guilt and regret in his voice.

Seeing my tears, he pulled into the nearest carpark that was fairly empty. He turned over to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. I flinched away from his touch and glared at him.

"Don't!", I spat bitterly as my body was shivered in anger.

Harish pulled away and lifted his hands in surrender.

"Alright, I'm sorry okay...I'm sorry for being such a jerk to you. I didn't mean to hurt you.", he ran his hand over his face and sighed in exasperation.

"You're sorry?! Of all people, I thought I could trust you...I thought you would believe me. And yet, you're no different from David. You're even worse! I don't want to be part of this stupid plan of yours. I'm out!", I yelled at him as fresh new tears streamed down my face.

"No Emma, please.... just listen to me. I said I'm sorry!", he grabbed hold my hand as I tried get out of the car.

"Sorry?! It's not enough Harish. I expected more from you. I thought we were in this together. How could you doubt me?", my voice quivered uncontrollably.

"I know...I know...it's just...something in me snapped when I saw you kissing him...", his eyes were downcast, as if he was embarrassed and ashamed to admit it.