Chapter 7: Another Victory

Previously on Superflash: Far From Home

Caitlin looked confusedly at her, arms crossed across her chest as she tilted her head slightly to the left. Suddenly, her eyes widened as she looked behind Kara to the closed wooden door.

"You mean..?"

Kara nodded when Caitlin looked back at her with hopeful expression on her face, a small smile taking place on her lips.

"Barry's awake."

***

"Alright guys, I have eyes on the target."

An orange streak sped through the streets of Central City as its resident scarlet speedster engaged in a chase with a metahuman woman as she teleported just out of his reach, mocking him. The Flash grit his teeth as she once again disappeared, only to reappear behind him to strike him before disappearing from her spot again.

He grunted, catching himself before he could face plant on the ground, continuing to chase after her. Skidding to a stop in front of a what seems to be an empty warehouse, the Flash looked around, trying to spot 'Peek-a-boo' as Caitlin dubbed her. Whipping around quickly, he just managed to dodge her punch before she teleported away. Raising his hand to his com, Barry kept an eye out for peek-a-boo as he talked to his team, slowly turning around to case his surroundings.

"Any ideas?"

Caitlin's voice came through the com while he heard Cisco in the background slurping his juice as he briefly shared information to someone about the current chase.

"From what we could tell, she can only teleport to places that are in her line of sight. Be careful Barry, you just woke up a week ago, and even though your body healed most of the damage, it is still very sensitive and tender from the incident. The last thing we need is for you to be unconscious again for at least a week and give all of us a heart attack."

Barry rolled his eyes but nevertheless voiced his compliance. He knew Caitlin was just looking out for him, especially now since his body had been in a critical condition two weeks ago, he knew she was just concerned. Before Barry could get another word out, he was struck repeatedly from behind, causing him to collapse to his knees. He narrowly missed a kick to his head, grabbing hold of the foot only to be kicked to the face by her other leg. Letting go and slowly standing up, Barry tried his best to dodge her attacks, focusing purely on defense and not on offense, not wanting to hit a woman. Peek-a-boo used his hesitance to hit her as an advantage and continued to attack him.

Meanwhile in STAR labs Cisco, Caitlin and Kara watched worriedly as they saw Barry get punched repeatedly by peek-a-boo. Caitlin kept checking his vitals often while Cisco and Kara silently urged Barry to fight back. Finally, not being able to watch Barry get pummeled any longer, Cisco took the com laying on the table in front of him and spoke through it, in an attempt to get through Barry.

"Barry! What are you doing? Fight back!"

Grunts and painful groans were heard throughout the cortex from Barry's side of the com. Kara bit her bottom lip as she watched Barry getting tossed around by peek-a-boo as he continued to not fight back against her.

"N-o, I can't hit her, she's a girl-oof!"

Everyone in the cortex flinched at the loud sound Barry's body made when it made contact with the ground hard, followed by a painful moan from Barry. They watched worriedly as peek-a-boo placed her boot on Barry's chest, forcing him down while preventing him from getting back up.

"You really are pathetic aren't you?" her voice snarled through the com as she smiled smugly at the Flash laying defeated below her foot, at her mercy.