Chapter Twenty-Three

"What?!" I texted back in shock and tried not to react too much to make Jake worried, "Yeah, he keeps asking me if I know where you are!" texted Mitch as I grabbed my drink to get a sip.

"Hey, the movie started" said Jake in the kindest way possible, but deep down I knew he was probably annoyed that I was on my phone, rather than giving him some attention. "Yeah, I'm sorry" I replied to Jake and frowned to not make the situation any more awkward.

"By the way, where are you?" asked Mitch with a funny looking emoji in the end, "At the cinema, watching a movie with Jake" I simply replied and didn't think any more of it? Well until I placed my phone back under my back pocket and felt it vibrate once more!

"Dude! You just told Justin where you are!" said the last text I got from Mitch. "What do you mean?" I asked and checked my phone only to reply whenever I got a text from him, "Justin took my phone, acted like he was me and now he knows where you are!" said the final text I got from Mitch, just before I turned my phone on silent and threw it in the empty seat next to me, to not get distracted.

I looked over to see Jake curious to what I had been texting about. "What's going on?" Jake whispered and took a bite out of our shared popcorn. "Oh, nothing special" I replied and kept on thinking that I needed to have my phone close-by in case if Mitch tried to call me?

"It clearly is something" said Jake and increasingly changed the tone of his voice, "No, it's nothing!" I replied and slowly tried to grab my phone.

"Isaac Walters, tell me what's going on" said Jake with a serious tone in his voice and increasingly got angrier and angrier, but I didn't want to ruin our date! "Justin knows that we're here" I replied and tried not to make it seem like I told him where we were, even though I did so.

"Oh, ok" replied Jake and seemed like he didn't even care? "Ok?" I asked and questioned what he just said. "Yeah, I'm not afraid of him Isaac?" replied Jake and puffed his chest up but chuckled straight after to joke about their masculinity.

We continued to watch the movie and actually had a great time doing so, but it didn't take long for Mitch to send constant updates on Justin's whereabouts.

Although Jake clearly said that he didn't care about Justin and what he might do when he finds us both, I clearly could see that he did care about it and that he was not having it!

I grabbed his hand to somehow calm him down. He gave me a smile, but quickly turned to the movie screen where a sex-scene started building up. Jake gave me a humorous glare, just before my phone started ringing.

It was Mitch, but I didn't want to be so sure about that. For all I know, it could be Justin using his phone again?

I swiped "accept" on my phone, but all I heard was; "He's waiting by the popcorn machine"