Unfamiliar (Scirstie)

Kirstin had never been very good at sleeping in unfamiliar places.

After years of touring, she still wasn't fully accustomed to it. She never got enough sleep, and that was why she kept getting sick. She wanted to sleep; she just couldn't. She just wasn't good at it.

"You look really tired," Scott said one morning, when she came downstairs to join him for the hotel's free breakfast.

"I am," she admitted. "I never really sleep a whole lot in hotels. Or, rather, anywhere that's unfamiliar to me."

"Sorry," Scott said. "I don't know how to help with that."

Kirstin smiled. "You're so sweet, wanting to help me."

Kevin came downstairs then, and Scott and Kirstie started talking to him. Mitch followed, and Matt came down a minute later. Talking with the others helped Kirstin to stay awake a little bit.

After they all ate, the group left the hotel and went to the studio. They worked for a while, then split up for lunch. Kirstin went with Scott, and the others went to someplace else.

Scott and Kirstie sat together at a table in the restaurant.

"Are you always getting sick because you can't sleep?" Scott asked.

Kirstin nodded. "I am," she said.

Scott frowned. "You should have told someone."

"I know," Kirstie said. "But I don't want to make it anyone else's problem."

Scott sighed. "Okay," he said. "Well, let's figure out what we're going to eat."

_

That night, Kirstin sat on her hotel bed. She got under the covers, and spent a few minutes tossing and turning.

After a little while, she grabbed her phone and played a game for a few minutes to calm herself. After a few minutes of that, she turned onto her side and closed her eyes.

She tried for about fifteen minutes to sleep, then heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" she asked.

"It's me," came Scott's voice.

Why was Scott there at this hour? Shrugging, Kirstin got up and let him into her room. "Hey," she said.

"Hi," Scott said. "I knew you'd be having a hard time sleeping again, so I came here to help you."

"That's really sweet," Kirstin said, smiling at him. "Thank you."

The two of them crawled into her bed, and Scott pulled Kirstin into his arms. She rested her head against his chest and smiled. She was more comfortable than she'd been before.

Kirstin found her friend's arms more familiar than the bed, and curled up against him. The familiarity was not only comfortable, but comforting, and she found herself drifting off within the hour.

***

I never realized how often it is that I don't really want to update my other stories. Those times should be the times when I update this, but I update it a lot.

Anyway, vote and comment if you liked this one!