Chapter Ten

Killian POV

If anyone had told me, six months ago, that I would or even could become a supernatural creature, be free from the fulkturts, and never have to face my bullies again? I would have questioned my sanity; and that is exactly what I did for a moment as I sat in the Alpha's office. He explained softly, like I would explode if he didn't, that I was free from all of my abusers. His wife, the Luna, further explained that the rape kit and pictures would be used as evidence in both the rape and abuse cases.

"They won't be coming back, will they?" I asked with uncertainty in every syllable; only feeling comfortable to speak aloud to a few pack members. His eyes, so filled with worry and care, met my own that were instead filled with fear and hope. He was about to answer when his wife, the Luna, placed a hand on his shoulder. The alpha seemed to understand as he motioned for her to speak. She walked around the desk and knelt before me. Her dainty hand rested on my knee as she smiled up at me.

"Killian, as much as we would love to say that you are safe here forever, there is no way to see the future. Any number of things could happen but I can promise you one thing. As long as you are in need of protection, you will have our help. We will assist you in any way we can and we will always make sure that you are safe. I know this is sudden but, we would like to do this as your legal parents." she finally said and my jaw fell open as I stared into her big blue eyes. Neither Selene, nor I could sense deception in her words as she looked back into my blue and green eyes. I wanted so badly to accept and be their son but, I had not one but two mothers. One of which resided within my own soul and looked after me.

"Luna, Alpha... I appreciate all that you have done for me but I must decline. I already lost my parents a long time ago and the adoptive ones turned out to be evil. So, I am sorry but I must pass, for my own sake. Now that I am eighteen, things are changing for me and I need to keep my plate clear to focus on training. My guides warn me that something is coming and I need to be ready for it." I replied with my feeble excuse. They shared a long look before they turned their attention back to me with soft smiles.

"Killian, we know your history and that is exactly why we wanted to do this. We wanted to bring you into our safe and loving family. However, if you are not interested or just not ready, that is totally okay. Either way, you will still be our child, legal or not. At least, that is how we will think of you." Isabella, the Luna, replied with a soft smile on her face.

"Indeed, legal or not, you are our pup and we will protect you as much as possible. We will always take your side against your true enemies." The alpha, Kaizer, replied. I looked between the two most caring people I had ever met but couldn't make myself change my answer.

"I was brought here broken, bleeding, and mentally freaking out. I was treated and was cared for in a way I haven't been in a long time. It... It has been so long since I have felt safe and you both have been so kind to me. Being here with everyone had been a blessing to both Carson and myself. However, I cannot accept your offer right now. It just... it doesn't feel right." I replied with the hope that they believed they were not the reason.

"It's alright, Killian, we understand. We still wish to be a part of your life and for you to remain open with us?" the alpha asked with hopeful eyes. I teared up as the words 'Of course' slipped past my lips. The two smiled and the luna returned to her husband's side.

After that was sorted out, we all discussed everything about my stay with the pack. Things such as if I wanted to keep Selene a secret, where I would live, and who would help me train. I explained who already knew of who I was, who knew of my past, and who I felt the most comfortable around in the pack.

As I stepped out of Alpha Kaizers office, it had been a total of four hours. I was told someone would be outside the door to take me to my new accommodations and was relieved to find it was none other than John. He was quick to explain that he was assigned to show me around, help get me clothes, and basically be my bitch. Though, I received a punch in the arm when I pointed that out. I glared back as we reached the first floor of the mansion; though we broke out into laughter soon after.

"Killian!" a voice called out and I looked over to find a familiar boy walking toward us. It was Kelsey's younger brother, Joshuah.

'Whats up?' I asked in writing, seeing as it was how I now communicate with people I didn't know well or didn't trust. He read the note quickly and handed me a small package and explained that it came for me in the main. It was odd since not only was everyone I knew in the pack but nobody should have known that I lived there. I wrote out a quick thank you before I turned my attention to the small box. I removed the ugly brown wrapping and slid open the thin white lid. Inside the box was another bouquet of little blue flowers known as forget me nots.

"Do you know who sent them?" I asked aloud, unbothered by who heard. I looked up to meet confused stares from both John and Joshuah.

"Nope, it was just on the front porch when I walked in. I grabbed it and happened to see you walking by." Joshuah replied and I nodded. We soon broke apart and John led me to my new room.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

With Carson and I settled into the new apartment the alpha gave us, my abusers gone, and new clothes in the closet there was no reason for us not to go back to school. It only felt like hours but it had been a week and the alpha insisted that we go back and get our education. With my heart set on my future, I agreed to go back. Though, Carson was much harder to persuade.

It was not until we had climbed out of my truck, walked up to the door, and entered the school building that I felt all the eyes on Carson and I. It was a shock not to see malice and hatred in all their eyes. Instead some held guilt, pity, sorrow, and maybe even curiosity. However, some still held hatred, disgust, and malevolence. Carson dragged me away from their stares as I wondered what changed some of their opinions of me. Did they find out what happened to me? Did someone tell them? There was no way half the school had a sudden change of heart.

"What are you thinking so hard?" Carson asked as we made it to his locker;snapped from my thoughts I looked up at him. He entered his combination as I just stood there behind him. It would have been comical if people had not been watching our every move.

"Did you not notice the difference in people today. Like half the school doesn't hate me anymore and the other half hates me more. I can read their emotions like a book and it is all too weird." I answered him as my eyes scanned the crowded halls.

"That might be my fault..." Carson replied cautiously and my eyes flew over to see his guilty face.

"How so?" I asked and he shrank away from my angry tone.

"Well, we needed an excuse for why we have not been to school. So, I told the principle that we were being abused by our parents. I explained that we were moving in with some friends until we could graduate. I didn't explain how we were abused or discuss what happened at school." he answered softly and while I knew he did it for a good reason, I still felt like I was betrayed. I felt like he said something that was not his to be told.

"I gotta get to my locker before classes start. We will talk about this later." I replied strictly and his eyes seemed to dim. I didn't have it in me to comfort him just then and walked down the hall toward my locker. A frown was carved onto my lips as I reached my locker. I entered the combination and looked on in shock to find another fresh bunch of Forget me nots. The pleasant feeling from seeing them all those other times now filled me with dread. I grabbed them all after I switched out my books. With all the flowers in my hands and my bag over my shoulder, I walked into my first class. I dropped the flowers in the trash as I walked back to my usual seat. My eyes flitted over the various people as they arrived at school . That was until a pair of beautiful gray eyes caught my own as they stared back. 

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Authors note- I am sorry that my stories aren't posted in a timely fashion but sometimes it is just hard for me to write. Other times I am a writing fiend. Anyhow, I hope my story is being enjoyed by someone so far.