Chapter Twenty Eight-strip club

My baby boy is growing up each and everyday, really big and cute and very naughty. But I love him, deeply.

He is my new found happiness and I yearn for the feeling to remain that way for long.

"Since you walk, you've been a very naughty boy," I sigh.

I've been going up and down, chasing him around the garden and stopping him from going to the swimming pool. Even though it has a net around it, I still don't wanna take any risks.

I make my way to the resting couch outside, resting my restless body on it with easing comfort and Sbongi comes to my direction with her tiny visible belly making her look desirable and elegantly sexy.

I wish mine was that tiny back then when I was just 25 weeks far.

"Nine months is not a child's play, huh?" she giggles and joins me on the couch and we both watch Mpendulo play with sand.

"Time flies. Can you believe he can walk now?" I slightly shake my head.

Who knew I would get this far? Because I know I didn't.

"You should be glad he can walk now. Who would have carried him when you see how fat he is?"

I frown. I would like to delightfully convince myself that there is a huge difference between fat and chubby. And in my defense, my baby is most likely chubby.

"He's not fat. Just chubby," I defend.

"Yeah right. All of the same thing to me," she shrugs unbothered by my threatening glare.

"Wait until you have yours."

We stay quiet for a moment and it's evident to my suspicion that something is most definitely borthering her, I can just tell.

These past few weeks, she would just drift off to I don't know which world. And that's naturally not like the Sbongi I know.

"Where is gogo?" I question, just to start a conversation because the silence between us is totally suffocating.

"Knitting, as always."

I nod thinking how she was the only person who willingly volunteered to take care of gogo. It is just heartwarming, but she hasn't been working since they have moved in, making me wonder how she copes with living her life the exact same way everyday.

"Ma...ma...ma...ma," Mpendulo calls running to me.

I shake my head before I decide to carry him but I decide otherwise. "My baby, what do you want to show mommy now?"

I smile when he gives me a flower that he has picked out from the garden.

"For me?" I pretend to be mostly delighted by the suffocating rusty smell of the flower.

He nods. And mumbles baby words I don't even understand.

"Thank you baby," I smile and kiss his dirty dusty forehead.
He runs off again, probably going to take more flowers from the garden.

"You love him, don't you?"

I shift my glance from Mpendulo to Sbongi, her question taking me off guard.

"Of course I do. I mean who wouldn't love a baby like that," I smile.

Why wouldn't I even love him?

"Even when things are like this between you and Nathi?"

My face drops. Wondering where these questions suddenly come from.

"I'm sorry, forget I even asked," she grumbles.

Mpendulo comes back with more flowers just as I predicted then runs off to where he came from again.