Chapter 4

Hello, lovely people! I decided to put a picture of what I think Iris would look like with her tail. I didn't draw this. I don't have the skills to draw something as beautiful as that. :(

Lily and I walked into the quiet house, and I could tell mom wouldn't be home in time to eat dinner with us.

"Go do your homework, Lil. I'll do mine too and then we can make dinner okay?"

"Okay!" Lily said, and walked to her room. I sighed. I walked to my room, and sat down at my desk, pulling out my homework. I had been working for about a half-hour when Lily came running into my room in tears.

"I got a papercut! And it hurts!" She cried.

"Shh, it's alright. Let's get a bandage for it okay? It will be alright."

"Okay." she sniffed. I went into the bathroom, Lily trailing behind me. I pulled the small first aid kit from under the sink and pulled out a bandage. I carefully put the bandage onto Lily's finger.

"There. All better?" I said.

"Thanks Iris." She sniffed.

"I only have a little bit more homework. Then we can make dinner okay? For now you can go play."

"Okay." She said and walked back to her room. I finished my homework as fast as I could then quickly packed it into my backpack. I walked into Lily's room to find her playing with her dolls.

"Ready to start dinner?" I asked.

"Yeah!" She said happily. She came up to me and grabbed my hand and pulled me to the kitchen.

"What should we have?" I asked.

"Could we have spaghetti pie?"

"Sure." I said, laughing. I moved over to the small cupboard and pulled out a box of noodles, I then grabbed a pot and filled it with water. "Lil? Will you grab the sauce from the fridge?"

"Sure!" She said and went to the fridge and pulled the premade sauce and began to heat it up. I opened the box of noodles and shook the box causing the contents to fall into the pot. I grabbed a spoon and began to stir the noodles. After about an hour, our dinner was made, and we were enjoying the food we cooked. The front door suddenly opened, the smell of my mother filling the room.

"Mom!" Lily cried, running up to her. My mother was a beautiful young woman. She had long blond hair that matched mine, only mine was shoulder length. She had dark brown eyes that were almost black.

"Hello Lily." She said with a smile. "You girls made dinner?"

"Yeah, we thought it would be fun." I shrugged.

"I'm sorry girls. I tried to get home earlier but my boss kept me late."

"It's alright mom. It's no big deal really!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes mom. Feel free to dish up!" I said. Mom smiled at me and put her bag on the floor and pulled out a plate and dished up. I glanced at the clock to see it was almost 8:00 already.

"20 more minutes, Lily. Then it's time for bed." My mom said, reading my mind. I grinned as I stood up and took mine and Lily's dishes to the sink and washed them.

"What did I ever do to deserve girls like you?" My mom said from behind me.

"Sometimes you just get lucky." I said looking down at my hands. Crap. They were glowing, I needed to get to some water. "Mom do you think you got the rest of these dishes? I need to go shower before it gets too late."

"Sure, love." She kissed me on my cheek, and I smiled at her before rushing to the bathroom. Normally I can control when I transform, but sometimes I would transform, for no reason. Before I could even lock the door I fell to the floor. I rolled over to see my tail, it was nothing fancy, thank goodness, it was just sea green. My hair grew out too, which was weird, considering I had short hair for most of my life. I reached up to try to grab the tub faucet, but missed. Finally after a lot of struggle, I managed to turn on the water. I pulled myself up, using the side of the bathtub and sat on the edge, until the tub was full, I then pulled my tail into the tub and relaxed. I sighed. If this was what my days would be filled with, I would rather be in school.

Alright! Hope you liked the chapter, I am loving writing this story and I hope you enjoying reading it!

~Mbachman2