Hauntings

PROMPT: This is the story of how the Batfam met the metahuman Batsis, who  once spent many of her lone nights haunting the Manor. 

CHARACTERS: Bruce Wayne, Callie Fields (BATSIS OC), 4 Batboys, Alfred

DICK- 20 YEARS

JAY- 19 YEARS

TIMBO- 14

DEMON- 11

CALLIE- 9

**************************************************

It all started with Dick.

Late one night, Dick had snuck out of his room and made his way to the kitchen, indulging on a bowl of cereal.  His hand strayed to the TV remote as he turned it on, flicking through the channels, before choosing to watch the Lion King that was playing on the Disney channel. 

Crunching his Lucky Charms, he was scooping up another spoonful of his most favorite thing in the world, trying not to cry over Mufasa's death, when all of a sudden he heard sniffling.

Dick had whipped his head around to find the source of the sniffling. "Who's there?"

He was expecting Jay, or one of his brothers to pop their heads out from the doorway, but he was greeted with silence.  Dick stood up, sensing someone in the room with him, someone coming closer and closer....

He flinched as he sensed it behind him, and he slowly turned around to be faced with....

Nothing. There was nobody there.

Dick sighed in relief, brushing off the feeling of foreboding that had taken over him.

He attempted to sit back down, but that's where everything went wrong.

 Typically on patrol, Dickie couldn't afford to be clumsy. Heck, he ran from roof to roof in the middle of the night- if he screwed up, he'd end up a pancake. 

But at home, Dick let loose, causing him to be the clumsiest out of all his brothers.

His foot caught on the edge of the carpet and he went reeling into his bowl of Lucky Charms face first, milk splashing up into his hair and dribbling down his shirt.

And that's when he heard it.

Laughter.  Echoing laughter, creepily ringing out in the room.

Nobody was in the room, the others were fast asleep, and the laughter seemed to be coming from nowhere.

Immediately, Dick's mouth went desert dry even though he'd just swallowed a ton of milk, and his heart went racing.

He screamed, terrified as the childish laughter continued, waking everyone else up to find a pale Dick racing out of the family den, milk and cereal all over him, screaming about a ghost.

Of course, everyone would've shrugged off his claim if it hadn't happened again....

****************************************************

It was Damian this time who had the encounter with the 'Lion King Ghost', as Dick called it.

He had come up to the Manor from the Cave to grab his favorite katana, one with a green hilt and gold lining, from his room, when he heard footsteps behind him.

Quiet footsteps, unlike the thumping ones of Dick or the heavy ones of Tim. 

They continued, a nearly silent pitter-patter sound, and Damian knew instantly it couldn't be any of the others. The footsteps that now scurried away from Damian were slightly panicked, judging by the speed and irregularity of the steps, and he knew that none of his brothers would be scared of him. At least, not when he wasn't angry.